anyone else powerd up an FAC air rifle to the max ?

kiteandy

I have rebulit my BSA Superten as i got it cheap ,FAC rated and needed a rebuild

custom cigar unit , modifed transfer port for more air to the barrel , custom hammer spring

now only 55-58 shots per buddy bottle

i have it zerod in at 67yards could of been further but that was the max length i had to play with ,

sorry aint had it chroned yet!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have rebulit my BSA Superten as i got it cheap ,FAC rated and needed a rebuild

custom cigar unit , modifed transfer port for more air to the barrel , custom hammer spring

now only 55-58 shots per buddy bottle

i have it zerod in at 67yards could of been further but that was the max length i had to play with ,

sorry aint had it chroned yet!

Sorry but anyone who thinks he needs to zero an air rifle at 67 yards must be JONNY RAMBO

How about introducing yourself and saying hello !

Sorry but anyone who thinks he needs to zero an air rifle at 67 yards must be JONNY RAMBO

Judging on the fact it's FAC rated should help with that?

I used to shoot my FAC falcon to 70 yards quite happily (was zero'd at 55 yards with bis mags).

shooting it too and zeroing it too are two totally different scenarios,

never heard of zeroing a fac to 67yrds though I must be honest,

now shooting to 67yrds is a totally different matter, :yes::yes: :yes:

atb Evo

shooting it too and zeroing it too are two totally different scenarios,

never heard of zeroing a fac to 67yrds though I must be honest,

now shooting to 67yrds is a totally different matter, :yes::yes: :yes:

atb Evo

Words of wisdom there Evo, you said what I was trying to get at but properly :good:

Out of interest, out of a FAC .22 what would you shoot to?

How about being polite , and for your info my fac air kills at 70--90 yds

and is zeroed at 50 yds ,i have .303 at 100 fpe , .22 at 37fpe and a kalbrigun cricket .22 at 26fpe

welcome Kiteandy, and the normal zero for a.22 cal fac at 30fpe is 40 yds,

if you need any help Andy just ask , most on here are helpful.

atb brian

Words of wisdom there Evo, you said what I was trying to get at but properly :good:

Out of interest, out of a FAC .22 what would you shoot to?

it all depends on conditions,

in the right hands an FAC air rifle will kill intended quarry to 75yrds and more if conditions where right, also a 50yrd zero is perfect imo for FAC air

The optimum zero for a 920 fps (30 ftlb using a 16 grain air arms or at 40 ftlb using a .22 bisley magnum is 44 yards this will give the maximum range to 56 yards with no holdover and a 1inch up and down deviation at greater zero the deviation is larger also at 70 yards the magnums will be still holding 18 ftlb of power so 1.5 times the legal limit which is 12 at the muzzle for a none fac

The optimum zero for a 920 fps (30 ftlb using a 16 grain air arms or at 40 ftlb using a .22 bisley magnum is 44 yards this will give the maximum range to 56 yards with no holdover and a 1inch up and down deviation at greater zero the deviation is larger also at 70 yards the magnums will be still holding 18 ftlb of power so 1.5 times the legal limit which is 12 at the muzzle for a none fac

Not a million miles from my zero. I use a 21grain Bis mag, .22 pushed out at 36 ft/lbs. My zero is 40 yards. This means the PBR is 10 yards to 46 yards. 40yards gives the flattest trajectory out to 46 yards and then its easy to start applying holdover. It suits me and my set up.

of course its excess yardage but mines not a standard FAC rated at 40ftlbs ! mines at least double , no point in zeroing in at 40ft ! when you can kill 4 times .and the zeroring will be way out !

i use acupells ,2,2 , anyone rate any other pellet for a high powered FAC

i wanted to see how much power i could get out of it ! thou it was more but! cocking it was awfull and i had to replace bolt, if had the dosh i would like to upgrade to 2.5cal ,

Edited by kiteandy

of course its excess yardage but mines not a standard FAC rated at 40ftlbs ! mines at least double , no point in zeroing in at 40ft ! when you can kill 4 times .and the zeroring will be way out !

i wanted to see how much power i could get out of it ! thou it was more but! cocking it was awfull and i had to replace bolt, if had the dosh i would like to upgrade to 2.5cal ,

Thought you was doing okay till your last post lol.... ;)

Thought you was doing okay till your last post lol.... ;)

Similar thinking Hoggy :yes:

There is no such thing as a standard FAC, if its over 12ft/lbs its FAC.

If you have tuned it to have 55 accurate shots , at 80ft/lbs from a 400cc bottle, firing 14 grain pellets at 1600 ft/sec, then you have my utmost respect, you are an absolute genius :good: Do a bit of research on transonic speeds and its effect on pellets. ;)

Pop a pic of your targets on here and the sort of grouping your getting, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is really interested in this.

I think 2.5 cal might just be pushing the boundaries of an air rifle though :yes:

Edited by turbo33

:lol: how many pieces are the pellets coming out in ?, did I tell anyone about the fiat panda I tuned to do 310 mph ?

:lol: how many pieces are the pellets coming out in ?, did I tell anyone about the fiat panda I tuned to do 310 mph ?

Was that the one with the turbocharged engine from a Suffolk Punch and a Merrytiller gearbox? I know you're fibbing coz when I saw it at Silverstone it only did 185mph.

In reverse.

soon as i get out with my S10 try and do a short Vid as,

and will see how far i can hit a target , remember the Cigar unit in mine has been totally rebuilt with custom springs shims / longer knock of valve stem, and a custom made transfer port , thats twice as wide as an FAC version, custom hammer springs with shims ,

standard FAC 35 to 40ftlbs

are there kids on here ? wot the *** has a tuned FAC airrifle got to do with a car !

Edited by Cranfield

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol: fenboy you idiot , I,ve just dribbled in my pants with laughter and spat my tea all over the place,

not cried laughing like that in years :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant mate ,,,,,pure brilliant

mines built to keep up with 22rimfire bullet guns

my 22 rimfire bullet gun likes cci velocitors with a muzzle velocity of 183 ft lb and still has more than 100 ft lb at 100 yards

colin

so does his s10 colin,,,,well until it explodes anyway