anyone else powerd up an FAC air rifle to the max ?

kiteandy

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kite andy,

please can you share with me your chrono results and video as I,m waiting to see if its worth me drilling my transfer port as you said,,don't worry bud I wont tell anyone on here,

well non members anyway

My sides hurt so bad reading this.

Just going to go and buy 4 more springs for my springer... that should make it 60 ft/lbs which would be nice...

If you put the springs on the Springers paws he could bounce faster to the retrieve. Beware of richocheting spaniels if the spring tension is too strong.

I was hoping to get some help off you guys but all you seem to do is put people and new ideas down.

I have designed and made a "Linear accelerating rifle", the ballistics of the pellets are therefore not constrained by the speed at which the air goes down the barrel as they just sit on a rail.

I have sorted the problem of the pellet falling off the rail by hand filing a small flat on each pellet, I have also fitted a stabilizer and spirit level to ensure the rifle is perfectly horizontal, in order to shoot some so quarry I am going to supply a folding spade so that you can dig a hole to stand in and ensure that the rifle remains level.

All I need now it to learn how to make the lead pellets magnetic so that the system will work, your ideas please Gents and Ladies, oh and happy April 1st to you all. :-)

we are being serious,,

we are all waiting in anticipation for this video off josh,,,,,i mean kiteandy sorry,,

any longer and I,ll have to leave my laptop to go for a wee wee

Evo you are going about this the totally wrong way.....

Laptops are transportable. Therefore you can take them with you.

Just sit for the wee wee and you can rest the lap top on your knee and carry on without missing any developments.

Evo you are going about this the totally wrong way.....

Laptops are transportable. Therefore you can take them with you.

Just sit for the wee wee and you can rest the lap top on your knee and carry on without missing any developments.

He knows that, unfortunately the poor old boy has usually done it by the time he gets there! :lol:

You miserable lot!

I've just finished reading the thread in entirety. It is clear you have extracted all the urine possible from the OP.

One must remember that Newtonian physics was superceded by Einstein'sTheory of Relativity over a hundred years ago, so why not moved on further in 2015?

My first reaction was to look at the original posting date (not realised it could not be that many pages in one day!).

I found the thread really enlightening. Looks like KE = 1/2 mv2^ has gone out the window and you need to consider velocities and energies at relativistic speeds! Remember, at close to 'c' time slows, so AK should be able to get more distance in a given time frame.

Of course, anything is possible (even though the probability may be very close to zero), so I await AK's corobborrative evidence, but like many on here I'm not holding my breath while I waiting.

AK - ignore this lot and really surprise us. Let's's learn something new !! They know nothing; they are all beginners; they have no practical experience; and a load of others! Go on prove them wrong! Go on, go on ....

As far as supersonic transitions are concerned, remember we have only had supersonic aeroplanes for a few decades. They didn't change much between flights at mach 0.95 and those just over 1.00. It didn't need any more than a bit stronger thrust from the engines. Or did it? The SR71was a revelation over the U2, but not really a lot of difference (and only a minor development?).

To combat these naysayers I suggest you study a GCSE physics book and then give them 'rocko'. I can understand that 'A ' level might be a bit progressive, but I can recommend a few texts if you really need the help.

RAB

I was hoping to get some help off you guys but all you seem to do is put people and new ideas down.

Secamb

I have designed and made a "Linear accelerating rifle", the ballistics of the pellets are therefore not constrained by the speed at which the air goes down the barrel as they just sit on a rail.

I have sorted the problem of the pellet falling off the rail by hand filing a small flat on each pellet, I have also fitted a stabilizer and spirit level to ensure the rifle is perfectly horizontal, in order to shoot some so quarry I am going to supply a folding spade so that you can dig a hole to stand in and ensure that the rifle remains level.

All I need now it to learn how to make the lead pellets magnetic so that the system will work, your ideas please Gents and Ladies, oh and happy April 1st to you all. :-)

That's the kind of clear thinking and Dunkirk spirit that is missing from Britain now.

I'm not sure where you live but I'm in the sunny south east, so if you send me a self addressed envelope I'll pop some nice warm southern air in the post (the less dense air will help increasing the fps at least 50%).

Cheers Falcon I live near Eastbourne so have all the warm air I need also below sea level which really helps with the power, strange no one has thrown any ideas about magnetizing lead pellets, so many experts and I cannot find an answer, oh well will have to pop to the hairdressers, they seem to have a answer for everything except how to cut your hair how you want it.

Cheers Falcon I live near Eastbourne so have all the warm air I need also below sea level which really helps with the power, strange no one has thrown any ideas about magnetizing lead pellets, so many experts and I cannot find an answer, oh well will have to pop to the hairdressers, they seem to have a answer for everything except how to cut your hair how you want it.

Drill a hole in the pellets and insert a ferrous metal plug in each one which will solve the magnetizing problems. It might effect the airodynamics though, so you will have to be careful with placement and balance.

Excellent answers, thank you, the only thing that worries me is if superman flies around the earth again to change the direction of earths rotation this will in effect transpose the poles, I shall therefore have to remember in that instance to shoot the pellets in the tin marked south towards the north and the pellets in the north tin towards the south.

I have put endless hours in to this but its really getting too much, plus if i fire a north pellet south when supermans doing his thing then the pellet could come back to me and at 3200lb feet it would be good bye world.

Now where did I put the plans for my golf cart mounted deer harpoon?

Excellent answers, thank you, the only thing that worries me is if superman flies around the earth again to change the direction of earths rotation this will in effect transpose the poles, I shall therefore have to remember in that instance to shoot the pellets in the tin marked south towards the north and the pellets in the north tin towards the south.

I have put endless hours in to this but its really getting too much, plus if i fire a north pellet south when supermans doing his thing then the pellet could come back to me and at 3200lb feet it would be good bye world.

Now where did I put the plans for my golf cart mounted deer harpoon?

Get a Tramper much better at going off road than any golf cart.