anyone else powerd up an FAC air rifle to the max ?

kiteandy

Now then I have a question, please forgive me as I am not as educated as some posting on here, I have no degree in fisics or spelin.

If you fired one of the south pellets to the north would it come back and hit you in the face, ? I was not sure if you had thought of that, It could have serious implications.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now then I have a question, please forgive me as I am not as educated as some posting on here, I have no degree in fisics or spelin.

If you fired one of the south pellets to the north would it come back and hit you in the face, ? I was not sure if you had thought of that, It could have serious implications.

depends on the velocity. If it crossed the border into scotland and then came back, yeah it would hit you in the face. If it only got as far as liverpool, it'd probably just steal your wallet

Edited by chrisjpainter

I'm not going to get into the "how" you do this as I know nothing about air rifles, but "why"? If you wanted a 22 knocking out 90ft/lbs, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to buy a rimifre and use subs? :hmm:

Edited by walshie

No, you've all got it wrong - you need one of these

A coil gun - Can use aluminium or copper ammunition.

On second thoughts, it wouldn't qualify as an air-gun.

Perhaps I should remove this to the playpen

EM15-2.jpg

I was wondering whether I could drill out the ports, add a super duper plunger and up rated ferarri springs to my sons Nerf gun, of course I would then need to update the foam missiles, I believe they go unstable even worse than magnetised lead pellets being shot North it the southern hemisphere, I think theres a guy on this forum who would know how to get MAX POWER and turn a gun onto an XTREME weapon of self destruction

Hi

Sorry for the delay fell over with my bucket of sea level air and had to go back for more

Thanks fenboy brilliant

The pellet problem is a easy solve

I cast my own and either mix in iron fileings or bits of grated magnet seems to solve the north south problem

As obviously neither would travel over the equator

I am currently working on a pellet with meteorite granulas as I feel this could solve some of the supersonic stability issues

Thoughts please

All the best

Of

Maybe we could obtain some of the same metal that was used for Excalibur. This would make a possible addition to the pellets as it was believed to have come from a meteorite.

OF are there any pointers to Wayland Smith methods in your Guild or is this exclusive to the Guild.

Maybe we could obtain some of the same metal that was used for Excalibur. This would make a possible addition to the pellets as it was believed to have come from a meteorite.

OF are there any pointers to Wayland Smith methods in your Guild or is this exclusive to the Guild.

I have some left over after I made it for him I will give it a try

After I've pulled it out of my anvil 😗

Can't talk about guild business not the done thing

Thanks for all the advice but I think I am giving up on this quest, I have lots of rabbits to control so will just go back to the AA s410.

Have booked a weeks wild boar hunting in Romania and as the S410 is loads of dosh to take I am going back to the pistol I modified when I was 10 years old with my dad, my 280Ib's feet Gat gun should take them down at 200 yards plus providing I can gets some decent .177 pellets, the last time I went I could'nt find any over in Romania so had to resort to the little pink darts, I can tell you this, when you hit a 600Ib wild bore with one of them they get really p****d off, not having time to reload I picked up my ready loaded catapult with its 10 gram ball bearing that I used to play marbles with, I drew the imaginary X lines ears to eyes and fired, spot on, went down on the spot, recoil was excessive and pushed me off my high seat, BANG, i woke up on the bedroom floor, ha,ha, last bit with the catapult was all a dream, back to the workshop to service my Gat Gun.

Cheers Guys, you all cheer me up!