pheasants with airgun

Joshcup11

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind chris. Its now purely for the fact that he was implying that i was lying about going shooting etc. Thats what gets to me!

Cheers, will definately be kept to myself next time!

Josh

ok let get back to school,,,

where and when did I say you where lying, I have not once said you where lying so josh please explain what you are going on about,

re read ALL my posts and tell me where I said you were lying,

I await your reply

Do all the people knocking driven pheasant shooting realise that if it wasn't for formal pheasant shoots, there wouldn't be any to shoot an air gun at?

can you please give me some details as to where you get this information from,

please don't say its because they are imported just for shoots

opinions on such subjects are often best kept to yourself mate, most folk just aint interested in what you or anyone else thinks or cares, just let it go :good:

said by a mature sensible man :good:

I may of said you were lying but on the reply you have quoted I said you were implying I was lying. You said something along the lines of "that's not something a 16year old would say" if I remember rightly, and is your. "ok let's go back to school" comment a dig at me because I'm 16?! I'm willing to accept the fact I know very very little about shooting,but atleast I know the laws and where I stand. Perhaps reading up on them before telling me what I can and can't do would help.

Josh

blunderbuss,,,, firstly I didn,t know how old he was,,secondly even now I do know how old he is , it does not deter me from clearly stating what I have said. 16 or 60 I would still have the same view,

also if you read his posts you will see that what he wrote was and I quote

" if someone was to come and buy one of my guns and say it was for shooting phesants i would usher them out of my house using a wide range of vocabulary!Appauling! "

does that sound like a sixteen year old to you ???

firstly you have to be at least 18 yrs of age to buy an air rifle,,secondly he stated HIS HOUSE to BUY ONE OF HIS GUNS,,,now I,m sorry mate but that didn't read how a 16 yr old now would it,

did he mean if someone came to mum and dads house to buy one of my dad,s guns, I think HE would Usher them,,

so sorry bud you are talking bull, and now I DO KNOW just how old he is then I am more adamant that what I said was correct to say,

he also stated he goes out 5 nights a week and all day Saturday,,

this is not legally allowed with a 16yr old unless supervised with an ADULT by his side,

so NO I didn't give a new member grief and also I don't see it as a controversial aspect of our sport,,its perfectly legal so I will continue to do it,,

on another note , I think daddy needs to speak with josh and tell him what you can and cant do with a gun, "his dads guns" as he is not legally old enough to shoot one on his own

also he has not once mentioned he shoots with anyone also

many thanks Evo

ps josh thanks for the pm,,but no need to apologise

atb Evo

"so sorry bud you are talking bull" is that not accusing me of lying??

I may of said you were lying but on the reply you have quoted I said you were implying I was lying. You said something along the lines of "that's not something a 16year old would say" if I remember rightly, and is your. "ok let's go back to school" comment a dig at me because I'm 16?! I'm willing to accept the fact I know very very little about shooting,but atleast I know the laws and where I stand. Perhaps reading up on them before telling me what I can and can't do would help.

Josh

josh after sending me a pm , apologising for the way you had written what you have , you are now hell bent on trying to start an argument, I,m not falling for it sunshine,,

regarding laws about shooting I know what I NEED TO KNOW, one of which is it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18yrs to be in possession of an air rifle "UNLESS Accompanied by an adult,

it is NOT illegal to shoot one though, but if you are under the age of 18 years you cannot shoot one unless you are supervised by someone 21years or older,,

you said you shoot five nights a week,,ok I can believe that josh , but whom with,,DADDY or MUMMY,??? because you MUST be supervised, oh and all day Saturday,

secondly josh, it was obviously clear from one of your early posts that you were not well up with the laws , " shooting wildfowl with lead " tut tut,,,

I,ve probably forgot more about shooting josh than you will ever learn,,

but on a final note, I havn,t called you a liar, I accepted your apology,,, so I,m going to leave it there,

cheers Evo

Evo, if you have to ask me that, you don't know much about the countryside.

going off topic but are you saying there are no wild pheasants in our countryside ???

So basically Evo,what you are saying is that both my Local firearms officer AND the multi million dollar shooting and conservation company are wrong? And to your comment about shooting duck with lead,I haven't done it personally but I have been on game shoots where ducks have been shot with lead. I'm not hell bent on starting an argument,I'd just like a number of answers.

Evo, I'll have to correct you on something.

It is NOT illegal for an under-18 to be in sole possession of an air rifle. In fact, BASC specifically cover this point here :

http://basc.org.uk/airgunning/basc-air-rifle-code-of-practice/

In the section "Air gun security"

The legal advice contained within this publication remains unchanged e.g. 14-17 year olds may still use air guns unsupervised on private premises where they have permission etc.

It is NOT illegal for an under-18 to be in sole possession of an air rifle. In fact, BASC specifically cover this point here :

The legal advice contained within this publication remains unchanged e.g. 14-17 year olds may still use air guns unsupervised on private premises where they have permission etc.

Thankyou! +1! Now that has been sorted I'll be messaging a moderator to ask for this thread to be deleted!

Josh

Josh

"so sorry bud you are talking bull" is that not accusing me of lying??

josh that post was not too you ,,I was answering blunderbuss

What about this point EVO? Now we have established that "MUMMY and DADDY" don't need to supervise him shooting, don't you owe him an apology for this too?

robbiep

I stand corrected sir, I thought I had read it was under 16 but it is under 14 yrs,

so I take it then it is actually legal only on private land to use one with permission of coarse

under 14

You cannot

• buy or hire an air rifle, or ammunition, or receive one as a gift. Your air rifle and ammunition must be bought and looked after by someone over 18 – normally your parent, guardian or some other responsible adult. have an air rifle in a public place unless you are supervised by somebody aged 21 or over, and you have a reasonable excuse to do so (for example, while on the way to a shooting ground).
  •  

• You can

• use an air rifle under supervision on private premises with permission from the occupier – normally the owner or tenant. The person who supervises you must be at least 21 years old.
  • I did say I only know the law I need to know

cheers evo

What about this point EVO? Now we have established that "MUMMY and DADDY" don't need to supervise him shooting, don't you owe him an apology for this too?

yes I do,,

but I am man enough to apologise,

it was MY mistake as I did think you had to be supervised whilst under the age of 18,,sadly its only 14 years

it gets worse

14 – 17 years

You can

• borrow an air rifle and ammunition
  • use an air rifle, without supervision, on private premises where you have permission

You cannot

• buy or hire an air rifle, or ammunition, or receive one as a gift. Your air rifle and ammunition must be bought and looked after by someone over 18 – normally your parent, guardian or some other responsible adult. have an air rifle in a public place unless you are supervised by somebody aged 21 or over, and you have a reasonable excuse to do so (for example, while on the way to a shooting ground).

ok so let me get this straight

josh is 16yrs old

has a permission to shoot, but he cannot take his borrowed air rifle to the private land because he has to travel through a public place so he needs to be fully supervised whilst traveling through the public place by a responsible person over 21,

once at his permission he is allowed to shoot unsupervised,

when he finishes shooting he will have to be met by a responsible person over 21 at his permission who will then take him back through the public place to his place of residence where he will be met by someone whom is over 18 years of age who will take the gun and ammo off him and store it away safely ???

now even I am starting to get confused,,

but to make matters worse he refused to shoot a pheasant on his permission and went home empty handed

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol:

what is the world comint too,,well because I stand corrected I will be getting my head into the law book for the next day or so to upgrade my memory status

Edited by evo