Views on bsa r10 mk2's

winnie&bezza

sorry I got rid of mine,,it was faultless and accurate as hell, nice and short also but what I liked about it most was if felt very light, the balance of the rifle was superb and it accounted for many bunnies,

bsar10mk2003_zpsd389f4fd.jpg

some on here have had problems with theirs but the one I owned was superb and didn,t miss a beat

atb Evo

Blimey a great response! Thought you was only a daystate man Evo! The reason I asked is that I've read on here people saying about problems with theirs and that worries me but maybe they were the earlier guns. I've been looking at yours chris and if it was 22 I would of been interested and also I've got to sell my Winchester shottie to fund it. Thanks all

I have a .177 R10, I was going to have one when they first came out but held off because of all the reported problems, apparently all these have been addressed now The one I have is a Mk2, it is just over two years old and the only problem I have had with it was a slight drop in power, it went from 11.4 to 9.5 fpe, this was fixed in seven days under warranty so hats off to Bsa service dept.

It is pellet on pellet at twenty five yards using Jsb exact pellets and not to shabby at fifty if there is no wind.

I do find my set up to be a little heavy compared to my S510 but that may be just me being weak,,so tend to shoot as much as I can of a bipod, I`m sure you will not be disappointed if you decide to buy one.

Blimey a great response! Thought you was only a daystate man Evo! The reason I asked is that I've read on here people saying about problems with theirs and that worries me but maybe they were the earlier guns. I've been looking at yours chris and if it was 22 I would of been interested and also I've got to sell my Winchester shottie to fund it. Thanks all

nope I,ve had allsorts but have seen the light now,,if you want my honest opinion and you really want a mint bsar10mk2 which is fully tuned then I would certainly go for chrispainters, its been well looked after and has been tuned by xtx who are superb on them, a truelly cracking gun at a very good price too

I love mine!

It is so useful where a rimfire would be inappropriate. Admittedly, mine is an FAC 30 ft/lb rifle but it is blindingly accurate and consistent. I'm very new to air rifles, but have been shooting for years - well impressed!

Cheers,

John.

Everything he says above :good: :good:

Mine's FAC too,

(my only critisim would be the extra barrel length on the FAC variant, but this can be shortened by having the shroud shortened)

Thanks all I really appreciate your views! Owwwww your making me really think about chrispainters r10 now evo and I can see there wouldn't be very many like that come up for sale! You mean the day-light evo haha!

if you have that sort of money you would be a fool to let it go,,

nope seen the light as very rarely shoot in day-light 95% of my shooting is done in total darkness with the nv kit

Don't act too fast gonk because I'm really considering it now. I know evo and I'm surpised no ones snapped it up! Fair enough mate.

if I wasn,t waiting for the wolverine E I would of had it myself, I,ve been itching about it, when you consider what chris has had done to the rifle and what he has spent on it and lets not forget its mint , I,m also surprised it hasn,t been snapped up,certainly well worth the dosh

Yeah, it's an issue for sure! The smart thing to do is buy one second hand, then get it tuned by either John Bowkett - who designed the original SuperTen - XTX or Ratworks. My R10 went to Darrin at XTX and he's done a fabulous job on it. The problems with the standard R10's tend to be consistency with the regulator and the occasional jamming, but a tune and a change of regulator solve all of this :) But it's a safer bet to get a second hand one than hope to get a new standard R10 that works. Some do some don't. A tuned one will!

Had my R10 MK2 for 18 months and I just love it!! Accurate as hell brobably the nicest stock of any air rifle. Weirauch silencers work really well and will really quieten them. Mine goes to the range now and then and even with the heavier .22 its shooting so well. Once a week or so it goes hunting, It gets soaking wet in rain and snow, sits in the heat of the sun in summer and is a real worker. Ive shot pigeons, rats, rabbits and squirrels with it. I always look after it, keep the stock well oiled and clean it after each hunt.

Never let me down. :shoot: