Toilet Waste pipe fall

ratus

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right folks, have a good look at the pic.

The problem is that the joists run across (you can just see in the top left) so you CAN'T just open up the ceiling, and run the pipe in the void, as you'd be cutting out all the structural integrity in the joists.

Choices

1. Relocate the loo to by the wall (we don't know upstairs layout)

2. Run the soil pipe along the floor upstairs, with the appropriate drop, going to a 90 bend to the main drop(by far the easiest, but we don't know the layout upstairs)

3. Small vertical drop where the pipe comes through the ceiling at present, then along the ceiling to the wall, then another 90 to the main drop, and box it in. (not ideal in my opinion, I never liked too many changes of direction, etc.)

Oh, and where the pipe enters the slab need doing properly. I can't imagine anyone from Building Control passing that lot.

The op has said the joists run left to right the bit you can see looks like a noggin

Guys, just had the builder on the phone, stating building regulations say it has to be 45degrees, said I'll speak to him tomorrow.

ratus

Walk him up the road till you see an outside stack and ask him why there's not one outlet at 45 degree's :lol:

Wouldn't put up with the bottom part either :oops:

Not sure if you can do it but all our building regs for over here are available online maybe even just fone them and check it out,,,, but never ever ever as long as there is s### on a sheepdogs a### have I ever saw anything like that anywhere or ever heard of any reg which could back that fairytale up.....

Now if this is something your builder is creating from hints from yiur Mrs from 50 shades of grey may be worth sitting back and give it a day.......lol

Guys this is the view from between ceiling & floor

Having problems at moment been quoted building regs,

is there a qualified plumber, on here who can verify this, I know it looks cr*p, yet to be boxed in this week, but if it can be sorted without breaking building regs.

Cheers

post-4601-0-12317900-1427656192_thumb.jpg

OK go back to your regs part h download go to page 8, 1.16 and 1.17 this is for branches but it clearly states yes bends shd be avoided but if not poss as large radius as possible so tell him to get them sorted,,as this is you can use long radius 90 bend and box in or even create slow bend to suit and all you have to do is show first PIC to building control showing it can't be avoided building regs are guidelines which can be altered with common sense when something like this arises......

Edited by millrace

Guys this is the view from between ceiling & floor

Having problems at moment been quoted building regs,

is there a qualified plumber, on here who can verify this, I know it looks cr*p, yet to be boxed in this week, but if it can be sorted without breaking building regs.

Cheers

Loads of room to work with plenty of room between the joists to put any configuration of pipework in to get the job right, no excuses other than its going to cost more in tine and materials than the first efforts

Just found this in Part H, I'm assuming this is what they are quoting? Any ideas

1.17 Junctions on branch pipes of about the same diameter should be made with a sweep of 25mm radius or at 45°. Connection of branch pipes of 75mm diameter or more to a stack of equal diameter should be made with a sweep of 50mm minimum radius or at 45°.

Just found this in Part H, I'm assuming this is what they are quoting? Any ideas

1.17 Junctions on branch pipes of about the same diameter should be made with a sweep of 25mm radius or at 45°. Connection of branch pipes of 75mm diameter or more to a stack of equal diameter should be made with a sweep of 50mm minimum radius or at 45°.

A lot of the regs etc apply to underground junctions where pipes come in from from different areas using the correct gradients all fittings sold comply,a long as horizontal pipeworh comply to gradient fall all available fittings will work this is not a hard job to sort out any builder/plumber worth his salt will do this in their sleep downloading regs etc can confuse the situation as they are a guide to the material specifications and no two jobs are the same