Toilet Waste pipe fall

ratus

I doubt if the BCO will condemn it...the plumber hasn't broken any regulations, and the installation complies with Part H regs...Its just aesthetically wrong.

He was obviously getting confused with an incoming branch into a main waste drop.

He could have dropped below the ceiling and along to the corner using a 200m min radius bend. Either way though you would have a 200mm downstand from the ceiling level one end.. at least the finished result is symmetrical and it just might not look too bad when its decorated and lit.

Its no good trying to lock the stable door after the horse has bolted but perhaps you should have considered a sanilow and run it in 40mm UPVC.

What did it look like before ?

IF the exit position of the pipe from the ceiling is fixed, personally I would remake the connection in flexible and form a shallow arch rather than a perpendicular one.

Edited by Fisherman Mike

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt if the BCO will condemn it...the plumber hasn't broken any regulations, and the installation complies with Part H regs...Its just aesthetically wrong.

He was obviously getting confused with an incoming branch into a main waste drop.

He could have dropped below the ceiling and along to the corner using a 200m min radius bend. Either way though you would have a 200mm downstand from the ceiling level one end.. at least the finished result is symmetrical and it just might not look too bad when its decorated and lit.

Its no good trying to lock the stable door after the horse has bolted but perhaps you should have considered a sanilow and run it in 40mm UPVC.

IF the exit position of the pipe from the ceiling is fixed, personally I would remake the connection in flexible and form a shallow arch rather than a perpendicular one.

Nail on the head,

Atb

Flynny

The waste pipe was a straight drop down concealed in it, I'm aware the BCO won't condem it, but just after his professional take on it,

The waste pipe was a straight drop down concealed in it, I'm aware the BCO won't condem it, but just after his professional take on it,

I fear his professional take on will be....." its compliant what's the problem ?"

He's not obliged to comment on workmanship, only statutory "deemed to satisfy" solutions to comply with part H

In fact I suspect the likelihood of blockage would have been increased if the pipe had been bent at 90 deg. top and then 90 deg. bottom to get back on the same line of outlet.

If you want him to inspect the pipework to make sure it complies with part H you will have to expose it of course.!

I fear his professional take on will be....." its compliant what's the problem ?"

He's not obliged to comment on workmanship, only statutory "deemed to satisfy" solutions to comply with part H

In fact I suspect the likelihood of blockage would have been increased if the pipe had been bent at 90 deg. top and then 90 deg. bottom to get back on the same line of outlet.

If you want him to inspect the pipework to make sure it complies with part H you will have to expose it of course.!

I know he will state that it's within Section H, but the plumber stated this, and was not flexible, if we'd known before all the pitches etc... Where required to get the waste pipe in the desired position and found he was not prepared to be flexible, we would have looked elsewhere for another plumber.

It's just to see if he'll give me his professional opinion.

With regards to payment, that work he did was putting x2 pipes at a 45 degree angle, then bulk of the work was moving radiators and re positioning a boiler, so even if I wasn't to pay him for the pipe work, it would have only been approx' 1 hours worth of work.

Still not overly happy with the end result, but I'll way wait for the Building regs officer to give his verdict, but as mentioned it's within the Section H, he's in the clear, just not flexible.

Thanks again for all your comments / advice

Ratus