Bt wants to pay me to put a neighbours phone line onto my house?

johnnythefox70

Painting my house today it occurred to me:

- I've got my neighbours electricity wires attached to my house and running through the loft of my bathroom extension

- neighbour's telephone wires go into my roof space

- for my water supply my stop cock doubles up as theirs too (discovered this when our water had to go off to repair stop cock)

Lived here for 23 years. How much do they owe us?

Painting my house today it occurred to me:

- I've got my neighbours electricity wires attached to my house and running through the loft of my bathroom extension

- neighbour's telephone wires go into my roof space

- for my water supply my stop cock doubles up as theirs too (discovered this when our water had to go off to repair stop cock)

Lived here for 23 years. How much do they owe us?

Do you Norfolk folk not share everything?

You are confusing us with Lincolnshire. But seriously should we be compensated for this? We have good neighbours at present but this could become inconvenient if this changed and there were issues?

Were the services in place when you bought the house? If so then there should be a wayleave agreement in place that your solicitor should have picked up on, if they have been installed since then you should have agreed wayleaves.

If the house is rented then the landlord may have agreed for wayleaves for services to be in place.

No idea if assumed consent is applicable because the services are already in place and no complaint has been made, I'm sure that Mungler could advise.

It would be the provider of services that would be owe you a payment if applicable.

Must admit i totaly understand not allowing them BUT i'm on the other side of the coin. Was hoping to put a power supply into an outbuilding but neighbours don't want the underground cable replaced (already 1 there but disconnected).

I totally understand where there comng from but when u consider there sewage system/septic tank as well as power lines and BT all pass over my land to get to them it does change ur attitude.

Let's just say i doubt i will be loging/splitting any more firewood or any other heavy lifting for them. And the pole is on there ground just (every other bloody poles on mine) so nothing I can really do

I have both HV and LV lines as well as BT but the previous owners signed away any money they were due, possily thats the case? But ur solicitor should have told u about them before u bought the house and it should be in the title deeds, u esp with HV lnes get a load of conditions that u can't do near them

Might be an opportunity of a reconciliation with your new neighbour and in the future he might be in a position to do you a similar favour. I wouldn't have a problem personally and would say yes.

telecom isn't a statutory service so they cant apply for a compulsory wayleave.

Don't be a miserable ****** and say yes. :lol:

Don't forget also that a single cable is a damn site less unsightly than a new mast.

Edited by Fisherman Mike