Centrefire Shooting Range/s in South Wales

Barry Tunnel - £200 per year, no membership vacancies at present. You can shoot as a visitor for £20 , maximum 3 times a year.

SevernSide Range - £200. I think the charge is £15.00 range fee for a visitor.

50 Cal association. £70 per year (there's an increase from this April, not sure how much) Meet at Senny Bridge and other ranges across the country. You don't have to own a 50 cal to join.

Hi mate I would be intrested in joining a range aswell. I am living in Swansea and am struggling to find somewear to go to zero the rifle before going hunting. If you get any more info or contact detials of the above could you please let me know. Also if you are looking for some one to travel with I would be very great full. Thanks tosh Edited by TOSHCROCK

• 4 years later...
On 05/04/2015 at 15:50, steve_b_wales said:

Barry Tunnel - £200 per year, no membership vacancies at present. You can shoot as a visitor for £20 , maximum 3 times a year.

SevernSide Range - £200. I think the charge is £15.00 range fee for a visitor.

50 Cal association. £70 per year (there's an increase from this April, not sure how much) Meet at Senny Bridge and other ranges across the country. You don't have to own a 50 cal to join.

Hi Steve 

Are you still shooting at severnside ? Or have the rfd's number ?

Just the joined tondu, but as mentioned it's only smallbore 

I'm also looking for a larger caliber range to shoot from

2 hours ago, Epic Fail said:

Hi Steve 

Are you still shooting at severnside ? Or have the rfd's number ?

Just the joined tondu, but as mentioned it's only smallbore 

I'm also looking for a larger caliber range to shoot from

I never actually went to Severnside, what with work, weather and family etc. I'll see if I can find the number and let you know. I'm still waiting for the range in Senghenydd to start up. So far, it's still in the 'signing papers' stage, but hopefully, things will start up soon.

I guess we’re lucky around the midlands, ranges everywhere within 40 minutes really and even 12 minutes away for me with fruitloop running zero days to 250 yards. 

We have about 12 shops within 40 minutes too.

if you fancy a drive I can recommend a day at fruitloops in the events and meets at garlands. Gongs and paper to 250 yards for £20

On 22/05/2019 at 22:56, team tractor said:

I guess we’re lucky around the midlands, ranges everywhere within 40 minutes really and even 12 minutes away for me with fruitloop running zero days to 250 yards. 

We have about 12 shops within 40 minutes too.

if you fancy a drive I can recommend a day at fruitloops in the events and meets at garlands. Gongs and paper to 250 yards for £20

Plenty of RFD's/shops within a 30 mile radius, and a few clay shooting clubs. The new range when opened will cater for 600mtr targets. Plans are also for air rifle, blackpowder, running boar, night vision events, ladies days clay shooting and more.

1 minute ago, steve_b_wales said:

Plenty of RFD's/shops within a 30 mile radius, and a few clay shooting clubs. The new range when opened will cater for 600mtr targets. Plans are also for air rifle, blackpowder, running boar, night vision events, ladies days clay shooting and more.

Keep us posted Steve. I’ll be down there in a shot.

8 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I'm loving the sound of this !! 

Keep us updated 

5 hours ago, Epic Fail said:

I'm loving the sound of this !! 

Keep us updated 

I certainly will. It's going to take a while to be complete, but once done, it's going to be a great place to shoot. And, it's only 12 miles from my home. I used to be a member of the old club that was there back in the 1980's/90's where I shot 44 mag /357 mag pistol and 7.62 rifle.

5 hours ago, Duckandswing said:

Keep us posted Steve. I’ll be down there in a shot.

Will do mate. :good:

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, JABB said:

Anyone know a 100m range around the Cotswolds? Don’t mind a bit of travel but want to zero .22 and .17hmr.

looking at one off / ad hoc

No range that I know of will allow you on to do one off , their insurance would not allow it.  But why would you want to? The big advantage of joining a club is networking

Edited by Vince Green