First Lincolnshire report.

JDog

There is nothing to report from Lincolnshire. At least in terms of my decoying exploits as I have not been out. The last week has been spent on my hands and knees with a dust pan and brush and a commercial vacuum cleaner trying to get ahead of the joiners, tilers and decorators. That is a dirty job.

However I do have news about pigeons. From the kitchen, sitting room and two bedrooms I have a good view of a wood across the fields. The wood is probably 300m from the house. Every single evening without fail a procession of pigeons in small groups heads over the village, many over my house, to roost in that wood. It is truly a great sight especially in a strong wind the likes of which we have been having recently. On average I estimate that between 300 and 400 are following the same line into the wood.

Before anyone wonders I will not be asking for permission to shoot the wood. I met the chap who shoots it in the pub and he is a decent sort and I would not attempt to gain access to the shooting over his head.

Roosting%20wood%20Binbrook.jpg

Edited by JDog

Mr JDog .....If your builders are anything like the ones down here , they leave very little mess when there sorting out your building requirements and would normally leave the house spotless , so are you after more brownie points :lol:

They say you cant teach an old dog new tricks , so instead of watching when they come home at night, get up in the morning and watch where there heading out and see if you can find what there going on , and then........ job sorted :good:

P S.....Good luck with your new house...........Sound ideal already.

Before anyone wonders I will not be asking for permission to shoot the wood. I met the chap who shoots it in the pub and he is a decent sort and I would not attempt to gain access to the shooting over his head.

You could shoot them on the way to the wood from your garden! :whistling:

Well done JD, good to see you preserving old standards! :good:

JDog, well done for work in the house it will pay dividends in the future . I applaud you high moral ground in not encroaching on another's shooting. Does the other shooter know that you are saving the shooting for the house warming party as they fly over the garden to roost???????????

Seriously , good luck in your new home , I await your fist report with baited breath when you are shooting these country pigeons that have not seen the sophisticated methods from the Cotswolds.