UKIP - merged threads

lee-kinsman

What I would have liked to see is a question on defence. Are we going to "remain" a world power or are we going to decimate the military power whilst still keeping the same battle rhythm? I am serving and am proud to, but at what expense? Do I have to keep doing back to back tours putting my marriage and life at risk or will they lower the deployment burden? And before anyone starts I won't get out, it's my career and strangely enough I love it. Even after 17 years. Call me mad I know

I think we need to start increasing defence spending, if nothing else to be able to continue to police the rest of the world's trouble spots as we used, spread too thin in my opinion.

I must admit, this has crossed my mind more than once as the best bet.

It has a certain appeal in some ways....

Nigel for me. Snap ITV post debate poll of 1000 viewers put 21% equally to Cons, Lab and UKIP. I just find it incredible that there's so many Labour voters out there.

ComRes puts Tories on 40% and Labour on 28%

All depends on which area they poll and what/how they ask.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

liebour voters must have memories like goldfish,,,very short, because it was liebour who dragged the country into this mess in the first place,,do they forget that ???

I think the liebour goldfish have,

Cameron is getting it back on track slowly but cuts cuts cuts will not win him votes,,

Well put ...obviously intelligently reasoned...many keep saying "what have we got to lose" as a basis of their decision where to vote ....well the answer is everything. And "its time for a change" well its not..... now is time for a status quo, finish the job in hand. Its all going the right way, that is absolutely unequivocal.

Finish the job in hand! They don't even know the difference between the deficit and the national debt,it's all smoke and mirrors like the wizard in oz,and an ageing rock band like status quo aren't going to have all the answers :lol:

liebour voters must have memories like goldfish,,,very short, because it was liebour who dragged the country into this mess in the first place,,do they forget that ???

I think the liebour goldfish have,

Cameron is getting it back on track slowly but cuts cuts cuts will not win him votes,,

No it was world banking that created the mess ...... Cameron is not getting us out of this problem .... Our National debt growing at the rate of £10 million an HOUR..... His promise of negotiating a better deal with Europe .... Pie in the sky. Merkle has already told him so.

Perhaps because Nigel is the only one who answers the questions and tackles the awkward issues.

Nigel comes over well, says it as it is, last night proved that with Clegg over what could be done about immigration while in the EU.....nothing.

He also talks to the audience, it's called communication, something the top two lack.

let's face it, many have struggled even with ticking a box for decades.

yes the those who struggle the most are the ones who put an X alongside the cons.

KW

An 80s development adjacent to me is to get its final 2000 homes soon. A bit further along the road and within 2 miles of me there have been a few thousand homes go up in the last few years and the next large field has just been started on. The village just to the other side of the bypass is about to triple in size with 1000 homes being built. Round to the north of the city there are now thousands leading into tens of thousands of homes going up. To say the least this is having a rather negative impact on my area and the county as its happening everywhere. Unless you've been affected by this scale of development you may not fully appreciate it.

With immigration running at 300,000 per year and ONS statistics of 2.4 people per household that means we need to build 125,000 homes per year just to cope with the demands of immigration. Last year we built 140,000 so effectively we only built 25,000 for the pent up demand amongst the existing British population. Amongst other things, you can't wonder house prices are out of reach for so many people given the simple economics of supply and demand. We can have truly massive housebuilding with irreversible loss or you can squeeze the demand. There's only one party of any size that is is honest about this and facing up to the problem.

My vote won't be wasted, it's a 2 horse race between the Greens and Labour and the incumbent Lib Dem supports the anti-hunting (etc) lobby.

Edited by yod dropper

I see Nige got panned over his HIV comment. Can't see why it makes perfect sense, you can't expect to get £30K a year out without paying a penny in.

We have enough home grown air thieves already on that gig.

Edited by Freakmode

I see Nige got panned over his HIV comment. Can't see why it makes perfect sense, you can't expect to get £30K a year out without paying a penny in.

We have enough home grown air thieves already on that gig.

Playing the devil's advocate, wasn't that the point of the Welfare state at the start?

To rid the nation of the 5 giants on the road to reconstruction

1. poverty
  2. disease
  3. ignorance
  4. squalor
  5. idleness

If labour get in again we are screwed. UKIP voters will be directly responsible should this occur. If you want change you will get it but not as you want it. this thread will be dredged up as evidence of those that made it so for PW eternity.

If labour get in again we are screwed. UKIP voters will be directly responsible should this occur. If you want change you will get it but not as you want it. this thread will be dredged up as evidence of those that made it so for PW eternity.

ooh listen to her!

004-2_zpsm4blr6yu.jpg

Myself and wife are both voting ukip along with most of the people who I work with. If the current political party incumbents think the populace are happy with the way things are they're in for a shock. The lies upon lies and broken promises have left the country jaded.

What KW and his all hail King Nige clan forget os that UKIP as a minor party you can say anything it wants without worrying about actually having to deliver.

Like cutting all foreign aid. Sounds appealing to the hard nosed as a way to reduce spending. No thought as to what the consequences would be at all. No contemplation that aiding economic development overseas may help us in the long run.

Edited by guest1957