Mass Debate

nickologjam

you are kidding, talk about rose tinted glasses as much as I dislike millipede, Cameron is being slaughtered, no wonder he did not want a debate, even the green idiot can debate better than plum gob.

KW

Disagree, Cameron has to defend 5 years, the others can promise anything. The Green idiot think we solve everything by sharing the love and fairy dust.

He is doing well and look at all the announcements in the last few weeks, not just from the Tories but from independent commentators.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I being cynical, but have the meeja put Milliband in the middle on purpose?

if they are deliberately placed then why is Cameron 1st out of the door? taxi for Cameron :yes:

KW

Edited by kdubya

I thought it was slightly better than I expected, Milliband was weak on detail I thought and lacked conviction, no fire in his belly. He seemed more intent on trying to slip "working people" into as many sentences as he possibly could.

Afterwards three polls put Ed and Dave neck and neck, I found that amazing! Like him or not Dave was by far the better performance, confident and in command of his facts and figures. The Scottish and Welsh ladies both did very well, probably the first time many people had seen them speak. I don't get their politics but they both boosted their profile.

Nige did well but they never really let him get going. As for the lady from the Green party well...............

Edited by Vince Green

Caught bits of the beginning, and found that NF was the only one that answered questions as where he would get money etc to do things, others just said yes that needs addressing, we will spend this but no info where it would come from. NF made some answers that we think about but none of the others dare say.

I thought it was slightly better than I expected, Milliband was weak on detail I thought and lacked conviction, no fire in his belly. He seemed more intent on trying to slip "working people" into as many sentences as he possibly could.

Afterwards three polls put Ed and Dave neck and neck, I found that amazing! Like him or not Dave was by far the better performance, confident and in command of his facts and figures. The Scottish and Welsh ladies both did very well, probably the first time many people had seen them speak. I don't get their politics but they both boosted their profile.

Nige did well but they never really let him get going. As for the lady from the Green party well...............

It was the phrase " ask the people at home" that he used almost as much, Red Ed was gasping like a fish out of water for a lot of it. About as prime minesterish ( if that'sa word) as Gordon was, no presence on the world stage at all

She did come across well but then she is in a win win situation. She is trying the "Divide and conquer" approach. Very left wing but will never mention that her parents bought their house under the "right to be" scheme at a knock down price but she wouldn't, it was a Tory idea.

Sturgeon & Nigel came out tops, the Moron didn't make any headway at all.

I would love to see him head to head with Milo, but that's not going to happen is it.

I don't know which show you watched ..... Its no wonder Cameron does not like debates he was pathetic ... Who says so? World news channels. ( and I agree).

Agree with the above.....they must show a different program in tory land... :yes:

Sturgeon & Nigel came out tops, the Moron didn't make any headway at all.

I would love to see him head to head with Milo, but that's not going to happen is it.

Agree with the above.....they must show a different program in tory land... :yes:

Must have, based on 4 of the polls DC is ahead.

After last nights performance the true winner was sturgeon, Cameron had better hope now that nige gets a lot of liebour votes as its looking like a coalition of SNP and labour

perhaps if the cons had not hit the vulnerable so hard, and tackled tax evasion and avoidance earlier things would have been different, but he has proved out in that we really are not all in it together, and that apart for the south east region of England, the cons will soon only be a mention in history class

KW

Edited by kdubya

KW, agree with your last post. Keg, noticed you didn't return to the Sturgon post last night. You seem to be interested in everything North of the border ....... I'm afraid you cannot do anything. The working class have been pumped for long enough and it looks as though "the times are a changing."

Really

From the top pick off google, cannot see Moron ahead except for one.

YouGov: Sturgeon 28, Farage 20, Cameron 18, Miliband 15, Clegg 10, Bennett 5, Wood 4 (tabs)

ICM: Miliband 25, Cameron 24, Farage 19, Sturgeon 17, Clegg 9, Bennett 3, Wood 2 (tabs)

ComRes: Farage 21, Cameron 21, Miliband 21, Sturgeon 20, Clegg 9, Bennett 5, Wood 2

Survation: Cameron 25, Miliband 25, Farage 24, Sturgeon 15, Clegg 6, Bennett 3, Wood 2 (tabs)

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2015/apr/02/leaders-debate-cameron-and-miliband-go-head-to-head-with-other-parties-live

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/02/leaders-debate-labour-miliband-conservatives-david-cameron

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/who-won-the-leaders-debate-snap-polls-leave-cameron-and-miliband-tied-by-a-whisker-10152784.html

I'm afraid you cannot do anything. The working class have been pumped for long enough and it looks as though "the times are a changing."

Hopefully.. :)

I was dreading watching it as I thought it would end up as a childish bickering session.....but it didn't. I thought they all presented their position and challenges well.

It endorsed for me that there should be no politics in who runs this Country....all of these people have something to contribute if they could find a way of working together.

I am please though how UKIP faired in the various pole ratings....I think that in the election they will definitely increase their vote share but because of the way the electoral system works this may not translate into as many seats as their popularity shows.

After last nights performance the true winner was sturgeon, Cameron had better hope now that nige gets a lot of liebour votes as its looking like a coalition of SNP and labour

perhaps if the cons had not hit the vulnerable so hard, and tackled tax evasion and avoidance earlier things would have been different, but he has proved out in that we really are not all in it together, and that apart for the south east region of England, the cons will soon only be mention in history class

KW

:lol::lol:

Thanks for the laugh... Your Generosity in this season of resurrection and forgiveness significantly outstrips your intelligence however.

I've just watched the recording of the show and its pretty obvious to anyone watching who has not been hoodwinked by the rhetoric that Farage was exposed by the Plaid Cmyru leader as just what he is. Was he ****** again.?? for long periods he looked like a ventriloquist dummy that had its manipulators hand inserted up his backside.

Most of the UKIP strongholds have high density of ethnic and immigrant populations and its this what many UKIP voters are voting against.. Its not about jobs, housing, the NHS, commerce or industry its about immigrants and the Nimby attitude of these voters. Farage is the political equivalent of General Haig .....he will send his loyal but bewildered troops forward to certain oblivion while looking on from his steed, whiskey in hand.

Carry on and vote UKIP ...put this country back 50 years but don't come on here trying to defend the guy in 5 or 6 years time when it all goes pear shaped and we are on our knees.

Just be careful what you wish for.