pigeon shooting days available from £40

• 3 weeks later...

£40 for a full day out doing the sport that you enjoy is a cheap enough day out if you ask me.

You'd probably pay that to go and watch a football match for a couple of hours, or go to a golf course that you're not a member of, or shoot at 100 clays or so, which only takes about an hour. I could go on for ages.

I know which one I'd rather do.

I think it's a great deal.

its a great price i think for people like me with no land or permissions. even with kit hire for a days fun its still well worth it for someone like me

for £60 some one is going to set up at the side of a field a hide and decoys plus since its there kit and they want that person back again its going to be a reasonable good spot too

i have spent a lot more going sea fishing out of Penarth with petrol, my food, fish food bait and extras and caught zero all day. its the reasn why i dont boat fish any more, far to many bad trips and iffy skippers. at least with this set up i can if i want shift and reset to my wishes rather than someone elses

even if i brought the kit £40 is still well priced, that for me is 200 clays, as long as there is more than 200 oppurtunities to shoot at some thing then its cheaper , and to the fact that 200 clays is less than an hour if i wanted it and this is all day in the great out doors

just ashame its three hours away from me

Edited by 10gaugewannabee

• 4 weeks later...

It does seem strange paying to shoot pigeons.

Usually the farmer sees a problem with them and asks somebody to shoot them, or that's how it used to be, or are farmers not bothered with the crop these days and just rely on their crop subsidy.

• 2 weeks later...

i didnt want to have to write this but i feel i have to.

iv been to see arron a couple of times now, and although £40 isnt a lot of money its a very poor effort form someone offering paid pigeon shooting, i know nothing is guaranteed in pigeon shooting,

but he didnt seem to have a clue, i dont think he can drive so he does no recon, when we got there we had to ferry him around looking for birds, farm after farm 10 miles apart, he then found a field with birds on and stuck us on there, the birds went and never came back, and we even had to take him back home after and its was out of our way. in my mind recon needs to be done so you know where to put paying guests, not driving round looking for the birds. we had a 3 hour round trip all for nothing really, went twice and wouldnt go again.

arron is a sound lad, but needs to do things a littler better, and abide by the old saying, recon,recon,recon.

steve

If the birds left the first field I would expect the 'agent' to go and find them and try to push them back, or, maybe have bangers on certain field so as the limit the fields the birds could go on.

It doesn't sound very proffessional to me.

• 3 weeks later...

far from professional. he couldnt push the birds about as he cant drive, and even set up on the field with us,

all it is, is a lad off out shooting and charging £40 for you to tag along, as long as you can drive him about,

probably the worst pigeon guide in the country.

i dont like to say anything bad about people but then i dont like to see people waste there time and money, because thats all it is, a waste of time,

and the best thing is he says theres load of pigeons about and plenty of good bags to be had.

(sorry arron but i feel it my duty)

The big issue is,and it's probably a minority.

A, do they have the permission from the farmers(do they even know they are charging)

B,are they actually registered as a business ect.

You do see loads of shooting oppertunites on here and you start to wonder if they are abusing their positions.I have and will continue to get guns in as and when I require them,but wouldn't dream of asking anyone to pay ( I did drop a hint I like hobnobs though)