A different world

keg

Having a sort out of the loft above my garage and a fair bit of stuff is from when the in laws passed away. My late father in law travelled a bit, sometimes on Concorde. Just sorting through some of his stuff and in the welcome pack was a box of matches, can you imagine getting those on a plane now, never mind being given them.

Having a sort out of the loft above my garage and a fair bit of stuff is from when the in laws passed away. My late father in law travelled a bit, sometimes on Concorde. Just sorting through some of his stuff and in the welcome pack was a box of matches, can you imagine getting those on a plane now, never mind being given them.

i remember having gas at the dentist as kid, to have a tooth removed and being given a barley sugar sweet when i came round, i also remember being looked at by the doctor as he puffed on a woodbine

Back in the mid to late 60's we had a dodgy PE teacher who lingered too long in the shower area and an RE teacher who had a fascination with little boys bottoms! This was, for me, quite interesting, as he was giving me a lecture on the ills of fornication! He had caught me chasing girls on the sports field. Only recently I bumped into an old school mate who was a couple of years older and ,as he reminded me, from a lower academic stream and when reminiscing our school days he had suffered much more than I. I remembered weekly canings (with the odd plimsole, music stand, saw [across your bum in woodwork] etc) but for his class it was almost daily. As the heading says - a different world.

Same with a music master christened "Puff Cooke"

We have an Old Boys Reunion lunch every year and i was talking to couple of old masters and asked if it was well known that he was at best eccentric, at worst a pervert and peadophile.They said it was more the latter and when i asked why no one did anything about it, the answer was silence.

Oh, those Brazilians, you know? Circa 1970? Broke the mould. Theory out the window. Free expression of football. Uncategorisable. Is that a word? It is now! You know? Far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? Possibly, don't quote me on that. Marvellous.

Oh, those Brazilians, you know? Circa 1970? Broke the mould. Theory out the window. Free expression of football. Uncategorisable. Is that a word? It is now! You know? Far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? Possibly, don't quote me on that. Marvellous.

Rush goalies, that's a blast from the past!!!! And football's with all the "leather" missing

Anyone remember putting dubbing on their case ball and then spending the match avoiding heading it as it would leave a nice mark on our brow. Or even worse the lace up part would cut you.

Yep, we used to put dubbin on the 'street' ball - It wasn't the most affluent of areas and every street had a ball that someone took custody of between games.

Despite the dubbin it soaked up moisture like a sponge and when wet it was like heading a flippin' cannonball :lol: