Re-occuring problem with Wolverine B

deputy dog

Hi All

A while ago i bought a Wolverine B in FAC from the Airgun Centre with Moderator and Slings an Swivels optional extra as a package deal.

When i first shot the gun after about 40 shots, i noticed a rocking motion between the two parts, stock an mechanisim. After phoning Daystate for advice how to rectify the problemas it was causing significaton zero shift when shooting. I talked to Tony B who was very helpfull and polite but alas the advice he gave didn't work. So after a few calls back an forth the Airgun Centre, it was agreed that the gun should go back to have the problem sorted. 6 weeks later and after a few more phone calls i was told my gun was ready for dispatch back to me. The cause of the problem was ill fitted studs which caused damamge to the stock and they also wanted £81 from me to pay for the repair and it the damage was commetic and there for not under warrenty repair hence why i took so long to get done..

I told Daystate that the gun was brand new and had recieved the gun in that order from The Airgun Centre and also added that it was them who fitted the studs for slings an swivels in the first place as part of a package deal with the gun. So yet again there was a few more phone calls and the Airgun Centre agreed to pay for the cost of the repair. Got the gun back the next day and all seemed fine an dandy. No more rocking back n forth and the gun was accurate. Untill today I took the gun out and decided to give it a clean etc as its been out in the weather and wanted to make sure no moisture was building up underneath the action between the stock etc.

Cleaned the area and gave the metal a light oiled rub over and remarried the two parts back together. Only to find the rocking action i thought was repaired back with a vengance. When i checked out what the had done as a repair, i was baffled. As i all i could find was a single washer where in the coupling area which seems to me had been used as a buffer to over tighten the screw to nullify the rocking action. Hence to say im very effed off at that proccedure as I though the repair would have been done on a more professional basis, ie properly.

So i'm on to the boys at The Airgun Centre again on Tuesday and demanding either a brand new stock or total refund on the gun as it was their faulty fittings that caused the problem in the first place. I dont see why i should pay £1200+ for a gun that doesnt do the job because of faulty workmanship by supposedly professional gun smiths.

Perhaps I should have checked the gun more thoroughly when i first got it back a couple of months ago. But being over trusting thinking that the repair would be sound and done properly, i regretfully found out the hard way that its obvious it wasn't.

Still the gun is well with in its guaranty time limit and its still not my fault is faulty, so they can either get a new stock fitted properly or i'm having my money back end off.

I'll let you know how it pans out in due course

Gareth

Edited by deputy dog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers lads.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement if I'm honest lads. Being to trusting is my fault but when your dealing with companies as big as Daystate and The Airgun Centre then, you expect the highest of service for the money your spending. Yes I am and have been very patient in the past trying to get this problem sorted. And for it to come back only for it to rear its ugly head again has peed me right off no ends.

It's one of three options. Replacement stock, if that doesn't happen then refund or new rifle end of. The foot is coming down and staying down. I'm not going anywhere until I'm satisfied ive been dealt with fairly and justly, as like I've said, it's not my fault the guns faulty or the repair job wasn't up to standard.

Gareth

Reject the whole gun Gareth. You'll eventually get a stock and be back to square one where you had a problem anyway. Replacement or refund with immediate effect and leave the Airgun Centre with the faulty goods they supplied you with :yes: Take no prisoners :good:

You could be right bud, perhaps rejecting the gun altogether would be the best option. But how does that work as its FAC and I'm not sure what paper work I'd have to go through from having a different rifle with different serial number etc. Would it be just a case of 1 for 1 variation or other implications involved with it.

I just thought getting a new proper fitting stock would get the gun right again. But if I'm honest I have sort of lost faith in it, as I'll always have a fear of it going faulty all the time.

I'll see what's what now when Tuesday comes bud

Gareth

TBH Gareth, its been a problem from day one hasn't it. They will all duck and dive, offering to rectify it, check it again, blame each other etc. Reject it!

Yes it will, unfortunately be a 1-1 variation. They take it back and you inform your FLO of its transfer, so its off your licence, slot free for when the new one arrives. All time unfortunately, but that's the firearms paperwork. Makes the reasons for the manufacturer and dealer collectively supplying you with an item fit for purpose all the more important in the first instance.

From memory, you had a long wait for your licence with your flo dragging its heels. Don't let that put you off.......better to wait a bit than talk yourself into keeping a minger :yes:

Yes bud I think your advice is right bud. I'll just tell them that I would like a new rifle as I don't think the one I got is fit for purpose. I won't mind the wait in a way bud as I got my rim fire to fall back on. As you said they'll do the barter thing with me I suppose and do the blame game. But I'll stay strong and hopefully after not to much fuss I'll get a new gun or a refund of the money. As said bud I don't want to end up talking myself into keeping a minger lol.

Let the fun an games commence on Tuesday

Gareth

Edited by deputy dog

Your beef is with the Airgun centre and Daystate have nothing to do with the matter-your contract was with AGC and no one else should be involved. Your gun is fit for purpose but if the AGC have modified it in any way then, in theory, it is no longer under warranty from the maker. Sounds like shoddy workmanship to me-many years ago the AGC serviced an expensive Air pistol for me-when it was returned it would not cock and turned out to be fit only for scrap.

Reject the whole gun Gareth. You'll eventually get a stock and be back to square one where you had a problem anyway. Replacement or refund with immediate effect and leave the Airgun Centre with the faulty goods they supplied you with :yes: Take no prisoners :good:

Don't forget the wonderful AGC "lifetime warranty." ;)

Only tried to use it once. If I can't sort it out myself next time I'll send it to Father Christmas. The Elves would at least try to get it right.

Yes Psycho mate I've already got that trump card up my sleeve. It's my way or the highway for this gun unfortunately bud. As said above the wrong doing is at the door of the Airgun Centre as they were the ones who done the bodge job which caused the problem in the first place.

i have a wolverine b and when i cock the bolt the whole action moves within the stock, the stock bolt is tight so must be bad action to stock fit, any suggestions please

yep ,,,simple answer is take it back,

I must be the luckiest guy on this planet as I own 6 daystates and not one has produced a problem,,,

mind you ,,when I buy any rifle I go over it with a fine toothed comb,

i have a wolverine b and when i cock the bolt the whole action moves within the stock, the stock bolt is tight so must be bad action to stock fit, any suggestions please

Take it back and buy a proper air rifle, like a HW100 for example... there are only 6 daystates working in this country, and all been bought by Evo :lol:

Nice groups there Evo :good:

I think I saw Tony Belas thumbing his way up the M6 earlier-most likely paying his love child, evo, a visit to see what a working Daystate looks like.

When was that? Cos he was at mine earlier watching my Ranger and Airwolf dusting drawing pins at a similar distance to Evos :yes:

Nice groups there Evo :good:

When was that? Cos he was at mine earlier watching my Ranger and Airwolf dusting drawing pins at a similar distance to Evos :yes:

he did say when he came to mine that he was very impressed just how well your rifles where shooting bud,,

That must be after he shot my MK4 with me at HFT yesterday and came lamping with me using my FAC Huntsman classic both working faultlessly last night ! :good:

by the way when you taking me on that perm,,because my dad Tony said its stunning and wouldn,t shut up how well your huntsman was shooting :yes::yes::good: