Re-occuring problem with Wolverine B

deputy dog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update lads

I've been back i touch with the Airgun Centre and their wanting to gun back to have a look at it. They also told me that the side to side movement is the norm in the Wolverine models and even went as far to say that the wolverines they had in store had the very same movement. I found this hard to believe and sought confirmation from a couple of other forums i'm a member of. And all have came back and said their Wolverines have no movement in them at all. and some fella Gary Anderson who is associated with Daystate replied and said that under no circumstances should there be any movemnt at all between the two parts of the gun, it should be solid an as one etc.

So it does look like the Airgun centre has been trying to pull the wool over my eyes an feeding me BS as well. Gary also added that, a replacement should be required or refund etc plus i should seek for damages also. But in all fairness if they replace the damaged items or gun even then ill be happy if it turns out ok in the end and no more re-occurance of the fault. If not a full refund will be the only option left to me.

I've been more the patient with continuing faulty gun. So i hope there is an happy out come at the end of it all.

Gareth

Edited by deputy dog

Just an update lads

I've been back i touch with the Airgun Centre and their wanting to gun back to have a look at it. They also told me that the side to side movement is the norm in the Wolverine models and even went as far to say that the wolverines they had in store had the very same movement. I found this hard to believe and sought confirmation from a couple of other forums i'm a member of. And all have came back and said their Wolverines have no movement in them at all. and some fella Gary Anderson who is associated with Daystate replied and said that under no circumstances should there be any movemnt at all between the two parts of the gun, it should be solid an as one etc.

So it does look like the Airgun centre has been trying to pull the wool over my eyes an feeding me BS as well. Gary also added that, a replacement should be required or refund etc plus i should seek for damages also. But in all fairness if they replace the damaged items or gun even then ill be happy if it turns out ok in the end and no more re-occurance of the fault. If not a full refund will be the only option left to me.

I've been more the patient with continuing faulty gun. So i hope there is an happy out come at the end of it all.

Gareth

gareth,,

I agree that the wolverine c does have a slight side to side movement, this is because the ballistic plastic shroud over the cylinder does move when you fit a bipod,

now the wolverine b does not and should not move at all, I have taken my action out of my stock numerous times and when I put the rifle back together there is no movement at all and never has been,

once the action is sitting in the stock and the bolt is tightened then there should be NO MOVEMENT AT ALL , this is what baffled me when you said the rifle would not group when using a bipod,,it was basically because the action would be jumping about in the stock and basically throwing the pellet everywhere,

MY Wolverine b shoots superb be it on a bipod or not, the accuracy of it is second to none and that even includes the HW100 super gun, I feel for you mate because it was not daystate who where at fault but the dodgy airgun centre engineer who cocked the stock up when fitting the sling studs,,now I know why I always like to fit my own,,

keep ya chin up mate as I,m sure once you get it sorted you will be more than happy but if it was me then its a new stock or gun and last resort would be a refund, but in my eyes the whole gun should be replaced at the airgun centres cost

atb Evo

I cannot get Daystate charging £81 to fit a ruddy washer between the stock and action though!

Now I would have thought the only way there would be any movement is if the front QD stud protruded through the stock and stopped the action sitting in the cut outs. If this has not happened then it is complete BS from Daystate and they are trying to heap the blame onto the AGC.

If the QD stud has penetrated the entire stock then the AGC should replace the gun no questions asked!

The stud hole has penetrated the through the front of the stock bud. Daystate reckons this is what caused the problem when the reattached the stock and tightens the bolt. They said it caused a crushing effect on a part of the stock.

But all I could find of the repair was a single washer where the bolt is inserted.

As for blame and fault then the only thing I know for sure IT'S NOT MY FAULT and that's all that matters to me.

I just want it sorted one way or other whether it be a replacement stock, gun or refund etc.

Gareth

Guns been picked up and it's on it's way back. Let's hope I get an happy and satisfactory end to this scenario with this gun.

on its way back where gareth ?

just make sure when you get it back that it is not the same stock or refuse the gun bud,,being botched up is not the answer mate,,be it daystate or the Airgun centre ,,

oh and MOLE I agree 100%,, £81 is taking the wee wee

To the Airgun Centre Bob where I bought it from. They sent for it and had it picked up earlier this afternoon. I won't be having the old stock back I can assure you Bob, and if they do try and fob me off, like you said I'll refuse the gun.

£81 for a custom plate made to rectify tolerances in stock is what is says in the invoice I got in the box, when last I had it back from Daystate. They reckon they had to make this plate as they didn't have one to fit ready made. All it is, is a small washer a little smaller in width then a 2 pence piece. Then all then done was mechanically tighten the bolt to stop any movement. But of course after I released the bolt to take the stock off to give the gun a wipe over from being out in the rain. The original tension couldn't be replaced by me just screwing the bolt and washer back together. Which gave me instant wobble in movement between the two pieces again.

Very botch job by Daystate in my opinion. But that doesn't take away the responsibility of the damage caused by the airgun centre boys who created the problem in the first place.

Should hear something hopefully early next week Bob, soon as hear, I'll let you know what's been going on.

ATB

Gareth

Edited by deputy dog

As has been said a million times before-Daystate is not an engineering company and thus have no mechanical manufacturing ability in house-they are assemblers only.

I thought that bud, bud the woman on the phone told me that the senior engineer had to make this custom made, plate/ washer to fit the area to rectify the tolerances of the rifle. I'm just going on what has been relayed back to me by a Daystate employee and the invoice that was in the box after the original repair was carried out.

So it's either your wrong or some one is lying to me. I'd go with the latter on that one bud.

All I want is a quick and satisfactory out come to this situation.

ATB.

Gareth

Sounds to me like there is a high spot where the stock meets the action and its pivoting on it. If the Airgun centre are saying all the wolverines they have in stock are the same, must be a bad batch.

Any updates Gareth?, they've had log enough to look at it :yes:

Edited by turbo33

Gareth,

Gary also doesnt work for Daystate, I shoot with him as he lives locally ! Gary used to own a few nice nice Daystates but now shoots Ripleys. :good:

No update yet bud, most prob sometime tomorrow or Friday now as they were closed today. It went last Thursday so they should have had it Monday or Tuesday at latest.

Let you all know when I hear off them. But I'm not accepting another repair though, as the last repair obviously ain't worked. So what ever damage they have caused is irreversible in my eyes.

Learned a lesson dealing with big companies and that's never ever be to trusting with them.

Gareth

Do not accept any repair, you will never be happy with the rifle and if the fault comes back the sellers get out clause is that you accepted a repair in the 1st instance and therefore they should be given the opportunity to repair again.

Rifle not fit for purpose, demand full refund and compensation for your agro and time without firearm, the sooner you demand a full refund from the date of purchase the stronger position you are in.

I am afraid that trying to be "nice" will leave you out of pocket, these traders can read people like a book and if they can fob you off they will.

Your complaint is with the seller, the manufacturer does not come into it, trading standards should be mentioned and then used if necessary though how much they will know about firearms could be questionable, stick to your "guns" :-). Full refund and buy from someone else, also use the media/internet to warn others of your experiences.

Its a buyers market and customer service should be priority, if not pass them by, there are lots of people trying to make money in a difficult time, give them your hard earned cash, not a business that will try and blind you with science and rip you off.

Really hope you get sorted.

ATB

Regards

Gary.

Had the Airgun Centre on the phone yesterday and talked to the manager Steve.

And fair play earlier posts did warn they would try and fob me off and I can safely they did.

With out writing 20 mins conversation out. They still insisting that all the Wolverine guns they have in stock have this slight side to side movement in as it's the norm.

But In the next breath said that the repair that Daystate has done was causing the side to side movement and once he had removed the washer repair from the coupling area and reassembled it and tightened it back up, the two parts become solid with no movement. So basically trying to say Daystate botch repair caused the problem and not them.

Talk about trying to be baffled with BS is an understatement I can tell you. One min it was the norm that the Wolverine guns had the slight movement and all their Wolverine guns in stock had it.

Next thing it was Daystate repair that was causing the problem in the first place. Most normal people would call that very contradictory indeed.

I told them I'm not accepting the gun back under no circumstances until the matter is properly resolved in a satisfactory manner to me. It's either new Stock, new Gun or refund if nothing else is forthcoming.

their sending back to Daystate now and requested a copy of the invoice repair sheet I had inside the box when it came back from Daystate. As they cant find any transaction of payment between themselves or Daystate of the £81 they originally wanted from me. And they won't be happy if they have paid out £81 for a repair that was basically a washer put under a bolt and mechanically tighten to stop movement.

I said I'll fax you a copy Monday for your records and you can sort that out between yourselves.

As for me all I want is a satisfactory outcome to this situation.

Let you know in due course what's happening or happened

Gareth

I've been reading this topic with interest mate. You have been messed about too much now, and have been without your rifle for too long. I would insist on a full refund and nothing else. If they refuse, then I can guarantee you that trading standards will step in and will support your claim 100%.

Steve.

I'm certainly thinking along those lines Steve as instead of just taking it on the chin and one of then saying sorry we effed up and a new stock or gun will be forth coming. Their trying to shift the blame now back an forth by the looks. Daystate said it was the Airgun Centres fault the ssock was damaged. Now The Airgun Centre are saying it was Daystates repair which is at fault etc.

It is all getting very frustrating and boring now. So I'll see what the out come of this next plot pans out like and then decide to say eff off I want a refund. As it's obvious now their not going to own up to causing the fault in the first place.

I did tell Steve their manager that I'm not excepting the gun back with out a minimum of new stock. If I'm not satisfied then ill be going for full refund and yes as you said I'll be getting in touch with trading standards as well to help sort the mess out.

Gareth

• 2 weeks later...

Had the gun back yesterday and its still has movement in it. The RFD i picked it up from gave it a once over with my permission and said although the movement is very very slight from side to side, in his opinion the gun aint right. And he also said its more a manufatcuring fault from Daystate rather then the excuse Daystate said about the Airgun Centre causing damage by ill fitting studs. As fitting the studs wont cause that kind of movement ill fitted or not.

He did say that it shouldn't cause accuracy problems with the gun itself, but in his professional opinion out of 100% the gun is about 95% right as there shouldn't be any movemnt there at all how ever slight it may be. So other the going to STAFFS and seeing Daystate Face to Face with the gun and ask their opinion on it, im not sure what to do if im honest.

Gareth

I've been watching this thread with interest. It's very disappointing the way you've been messed about. With a rifle of this price it's ridiculous.

I'd be on the phone personally to Tony Belas and tell him to sort it before you contact Trading Standards.

Hope you get sorted, Rich

gareth take it back to the airgun centre mate,,get a refund and tell them when they can produce a wolverine that doesn,t wobble you will have one

on another note mate,,i can post mine down to you ( the stock) and you can see if there is any wobble then,,unless you want to drive to the Wirral mate to try it

gareth take it back to the airgun centre mate,,get a refund and tell them when they can produce a wolverine that doesn,t wobble you will have one

on another note mate,,i can post mine down to you ( the stock) and you can see if there is any wobble then,,unless you want to drive to the Wirral mate to try it

Hello Bob

Thanks for the offer of sending down your stock, but I'll kindly refuse on the grounds of cost and keeping you from using your gun. On the other hand I would love a trip up to the Wirral but alas as of yet I have still to pass my test. Only way I'll get to you is either public transport or if my better half drives up. But getting her to do that will be a bit of a task in itself lol. Not one for driving very long distance and Defoe don't like driving on major motorways. But if I can persuade her then hopefully we'll have s road trip up to see you and make it a long weekend away to make it worth while and book in some where for a few days.

Been out with the wolverine today after tightening the stock bolt up as much as I dare to null the movement as much as I can. And if I'm honest I can barely feel anything now and I've been popping targets out to 50 yards and getting decent groupings. So I'm at a dilemma now as to leave it as it is and just get on and keep shooting it, or save up and get another stock for it. As I'm tired of sending the gun back an forth with out any fulfilment of this slight problem. My RFD assured me its won't effect accuracy as its not significant enough to do so. But it's in my head now that the gun although accurate to a point, still ain't 100% as it should be and I'm not sure I'll ever get it out of my head properly. Decisions decisions bud.

Hope all is well

Atb

Gareth

no problem Gareth,,your welcome to pop up anytime bud and try my stock out,,i,ll even take you out shooting on the rabbits mate, plenty about here ,,well if I can stop roger ( golfshot) from shooting them all, he very rarely misses them lol,

I,m the same as you, once something is in your head it stays there but once you start getting a few bunnies and it starts to perform how it can then I think you will be happy, well hopefully,

its just a shame how things have panned out with the rifle,,

don't tell anyone but I,m picking another huntsman classic up on Tuesday , cant wait,, stunning rifle and a good price too, wife thinks I,m bloody nuts, that will be 7 daystates I,ll have now lol,but they all have there different jobs to do, also when I pop my clogs the wife can flog them and pay for my funeral ha ha ,, well that's what I keep telling her,,

speak soon bud and let me know if you ever want to visit and I,ll take you on a tour of the Wirral and Liverpool mate

cheers Bob