Do you think a 38mm projectile is too big for deer or......catastrophi

LeadWasp

Very happy indeed. I was a bit shagged after walking to and from the target after every string as the effects of an anaesthetic earlier in the week are still dogging me. So although I could have moved the group a bit I was knackered. To me getting a group like that off a light gun with a flexy fore-end, unsophisticated factory trigger and light cross wind makes me very happy.

Your mod does everything I want from it. Thank you.

Hi Lead Wasp. Glad you are now shooting straight, tight and ear safe. Good shooting by the way.

We have now recieved the mod back through the nessecary channels, thankyou for bieng flexible on who was to return it to us.

I have inspected the moderator in question and here are my findings:

Expansion chamber manufactured early 2012 and of early design type

Proof mark on expansion chamber shows 2012 proof

Proofmarks on baffles and expansion chamber do not align at all

Proofmarks on baffles align when tightened finger tight only

All joints on moderator are finger tight only

Rear of first baffle displays evidence of semi major projectile strike plus 3 other lighter indentations

Front end cap shows evidence of light projectile strike

Rear of first baffle displays signs of usage concurrent with higher amount of rounds fired

Shear marks across threads show moderator untightened 1/4 turn from hand/finger tight possition

No wonder you couldn't get the rifle to group. I am very gratefull for the chance you gave us to put things right and to show you what a caliber specific current Roedale specification Ultralight Modeartor can do. I'm sure you will agree, that at a weight of around 230g the little Ultralight mod performs excellently.

Draw what conclusions you will from my findings, i'm sure you are far better informed now than before :good:

Lessons are to be learned here :

Among others

Hand / Finger tight is not tight enough when it comes to Modular Sound Moderators ( of any type or manufacturer !!) , same rule should apply to mods as it does to wheel nuts. End users need to be aware of this and retailers need reminding periodicaly.

If you fit a sound mod to a rifle and the groups go all over the place, something might be amiss.. Contact the manufacturer direct.

All the best.

Pete

Edited by PeteDE

Morning Guys,

Leadwasp , I am glad to see your problem has been resolved by Roedale Precision/Peter Lincon.

Sorry to high jack this thread but could Peter give me some idea of the delivery time of RCSII stock

Ordered and payed for at the end of February as a friend on another forum has had no answers to his

E-mails and phone calls ? I know Peter is very busy after The IWA show but my friend has had no

Update/information at all.

Thank for your help and once again sorry for intruding on this thread.

Ross.

Hello Mate. As it says under the catagory on the webshop, Pre Orders for RCS II Stocks are at this minute still on wait out, when that situation progresses it will be announced also on the webshop, so anyone who reads the page should be informed and have no need to call or email, if they do, they will be emailed a link to the page giving the info, or be told the same on the phone. Not sure why your mate isn't up to date with current info.. but by all means, please have him contact me directly.

The reason bieng is that our pervious sub contractor, (who shall remail nameless until after the court case is dealt with) who machined some parts of the chassis became un reliable with delivery times and quality of work and simply had to be released, I think we got the last usable chassis in December or January, these where due in October and its had a knock on effect, this production obviously needed to be set up with another partner. The previouse guy still has all our tech drawings and CAD,..,so it was start from scratch basicaly. Very time consuming and annoying but nessecary. Thats now set, but the production of some of the parts has to obviously be fitted in to the work schedule of the new partner, as every one in that line of work seems to have thier schedule full for at least 3 months we are on wait out untill they start. We have many parts for the stocks on shelf, but you can't bake a cake without the blasted eggs, and it doesn't matter how much flour and milk you have.... which is annoying.

Have your mate contact me, i can't make stocks out of my own ribs, I also don't have a top hat.. but if i can help him out in any way with an alternative or by canabalising a display rifle here I certainly will.. Thanks for the heads up, i look forward to him contacting me.

Regards Pete

Edited by PeteDE

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the quick reply and PM, I am sorry to hear your problems we have similar issues with subcontractors here in the Uk. I'll pass your message on and sorry again for the intruding on this thread which has seen you sorting a customers problem out quickly .

Thanks.

Ross.

No Probs at all Ross. Steve has already contacted me and we are in the process of sorting out his 50th Birthday.. Subcontractors drive me dotty... hence we do as much as we can ourselves, which is why the moderator side of the business works so well, but ive only 2 hands.. I was out looking at some more manufacturing machines yesterday with a view to adding another machine and operator to the team, Ive got the operator sorted, just need the right machine, found the right one in France for sale, but the ******* wont reply..hence i'm sill looking.. but in the mean time, ive now got a very good sub contractor online, who is well renound for correct work practices and quality.. so with a bit of luck we shouldn't be delayed all that much longer on the stocks. all the best Pete

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

See my post in the other thread..

edited with hindsight.. experience tells me folk have trouble reading stuff,, so post it here as well.

Very Simple.

Pre Order basis is exactly that, a Pre Order for an Item from the next production batch for which no time frame of delivery can be given, it is explained in detail in the terms and conditions.

Not reading or understanding the terms and conditions on the customers part is not a reflection on the quality of the product or service on the vendors part.

I do however appologise of the poor communication, the reason for this is that we are a team of 3 full time and one part time staff and as such only offer a part time telephone support service.

We support and deal with thousands of customers and often get overwehlmed with questions that, if the customer would take the time to read our website and webshop, need never be asked.

These unnessecary phone calls clog up the communication for customers with valid questions.

In addition to that, in April this year there was a heating system malfunction in the building where our shop is (was) situated. The whole of the lower level of the building, which includes the cellar area, 2 appartments and the lower part of our shop ( which is the work area, security room, kitchen and toilet) where flooded. This caused a 55thousand € damage to goods on shelf and severly hampered our operation. Damaged goods cannot be sold, replacement goods could not be stored. Also a particularly toxic form of mold grew very rapidly on the walls and in the flooring. We had to close the shop and needed move everything out very rapidly, but where to, suitable gun shops do not excist on every street corner, so the search for an alternative building ensued, but not before all 3 full time staff had suffered from the effects of the mold and where written off sick. A new building has been found and we began the move at the end of May. Each and every item had to be cleaned to remove and spores from the mold, quite a time consuming operation, also the new building had to be brought up to the required security standard, which meant the latest standard in security doors and barred windows, alarm fitting, cameras etc. Work is still in progress on the stages of sorting goods, tools and machines into the new location.

We have done our best to provide sales support throughout this time but for obviouse reasons its been and will be for a couple more weeks, rather less than satisfactory.

Elk hunter makes reference to a campaign of discreditation which has recently been started by a couple of Croatians, It will suffice for me to say that there are 2 sides to every story, and once again, reading terms and conditions before you sign a contract is most advisable. 90% or our rifle build customers happily wait for the one of a kind rifle to be finished, 5% moan and groan but wait anyhow, 5% get loud and type away on forums. The issue does not come down to our service or quality of product but is dependent on the mentality of the induvidual customer, John Lydgate wrote “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. and he was right. I do however flatly refuse to deal with customers who don't keep appointments on numerous occasions and who threaten me and my staff with violence. I have a Lawyer who deals with that sort for me, and she is currently dealing with this issue.

We do our best in a difficult job and I think there are several instances on this forum that document our bending over backwards to help and support customers..

Thankyou for reading. Pete

Edited by PeteDE