Needed a new Kit bag/seat

Acid House

Like the idea of the squat on bucket you can get several small sandwiches in and struggle across a field with.

I improved the idea for a grown up................................ :whistling:

Managed to gather some materials together and warmed up my big hammer.

pigion%20seat_zpssslquawq.jpg

Bits included a tenner for a 60l blue bin, a tenner for two fleabay kids rucksacks and a tenner for a military radio backpack frame.

The bin is just the right height for me to either perch on the edge ready to stand and shoot or sit back on and relax a bit.

pack1_zpsgxdsbxqd.jpg

The camo is a bit mickey mouse but its all I had and I hate spending money............... :no:

Its not too heavy unladen but once I get the thing full, who knows............

pack1_zpsgxdsbxqd.jpg

At about 20 stone and 6'4" its as strong as I need it with no risk of collapse............

pack2_zpstdt6ugci.jpg

Even the hound likes it............. :lol:

pack4_zpscmrqsnhg.jpg

I have three aluminium extendable crutch legs that I was thinking of nailing on the sides for uneven ground and a turn table seat but I'll do some field tests to see if necessary.

pack3_zpslqjcvdzh.jpg

Edited by Acid House

I am looking at doing exactly the same and the radio backpack frame is a great idea!! How did you attach it, and the bags to the container?

Two slots cut in the drum about an inch down from the rim. Cut the shoulder straps leaving about 8 inches. Pas them through the slots and pop rivet down inside. I used very large headed rivets. Same with the side tabs; removed the straps and riveted direct through the drum. I suppose you could use small nuts and bolts with a large repair washer to spread the load.

The frame had its bottom rail cut to size so it flushed up to the plastic. It was then drilled and bolted to the drum.

No complicated fixings I like simple.

This was mocked up before the cloth was wrapped round thge drum and then everything permanently fixed once the cover was in place. The cover is pop riveted through several layers round the bottom and I found a length of strapping in the shed for round the top. I probably would have riveted it also if I hadnt had the strap. I dont do sewing :lol:

I used a cover because the plastic drum wont hold paint for any length of time, it just shells off.

Very creative...........I've just been converted to a 120 litre Bergan.

You could then live in it when out on a long shoot................... :lol:

If I need the legs (they are the bottom half off aluminium crutches) I'll fasten them on the sides with 'P' clamps. Just for uneven ground... Oh and only three, coz three legs are more stable than four and wont rock. The turntable seat is available as a disability aid to help getting in and out of car seats and under a tenner.

So they have...

<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=4a2d188a4baa5f943fa65bc38d9a27aa&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=309521&p=2801932&md5check=843bb28cce045dbbf27272ad8ada39b0&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,e9e-Iync_XQ'); //]]></script>camouflage-toilet-seat.jpg&&0

It would make it more multi-functional!

a96734_camot.jpg

Ace, I'd spend a penny on one :lol:

So they have...

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=fdb248895e461baa0fa6242cd0f4faa2&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=309521&p=2801932&md5check=71b31ed1b5c39b1d4e0a3a25f5777c31&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,zjqcQqXSQzE'); //]]></script>camouflage-toilet-seat.jpg&&0

It would make it more multi-functional!

a96734_camot.jpg

I bet Ian Hartford has got one of those, think his teeth will be next

Why not fit one of these................

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=ee0f6aca7da46ce7db0e395108c614e3&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=309521&p=2801919&md5check=d893d42d9bd27a98594f2f9cd97dcb16&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,trZMQvcD7Fc'); //]]></script>AS_Contour21_S405901_WCuto_GB_WCseatnoco&&0

I know where Id like to fit it my friend....................