man shoots my dads collie red

kirky640

im so mad the words wouldnt be aloud on here???

some pillock shot my dads dog with air rifle :lol:

my dad has 15 collies and can be a hand full but theres no need for shooting one :no:

http://www.borderstoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2...ticleID=2143020

the sooner they make everyone have a licence for air guns the better

this gives people with air guns a bad name

kirky :lol::/:):P:P

:) If the law dose get him he will only get told off buy the do gooders Go round and slap the *******

its the only justice they understand these days :lol:

dont fancey loosing my guns over the **** and the person we suspect is a retiered aged man :/

police should test gun for pound and foot as have sujjested it might be over limit

and would get the gun out of his stupid hands

kirky

Sorry to hear that colin, hope the catch whoever did it.

Don't forget, air rifle or not as soon as you break the law with it, it becomes a firearm in the eyes of the law - which should mean he gets more than a slap on the wrist.

sorry kirky ****** like that just give us shooters all hassle :lol:

I am currently debating with some students whether "tougher measures on gun/knife crime" its quite amusing some of the students arguements but I am fighting our corner well! This is the sort of idiot that allows them and the public to push for tighter regs. :/:)

Why would he shoot the dog?

From the clipping/ link it suggests that careless owners are allowing their dogs to run riot and not clearing the **** up??.

I see this all the time, when it must be said 'blokes' ignore the dog that has just crapped in the local park despite there being a '**** bin' every 50 meters.

Don't know the full story, was it recreation ground ie public, was it private ground, was a pack of 15 collies running out of control??

PS I'm adog owner.

From the clipping/ link it suggests that careless owners are allowing their dogs to run riot and not clearing the **** up??.

I see this all the time, when it must be said 'blokes' ignore the dog that has just crapped in the local park despite there being a '**** bin' every 50 meters.

Don't know the full story, was it recreation ground ie public, was it private ground, was a pack of 15 collies running out of control??

PS I'm adog owner.

Caplock,

Does it matter if they were out of control or not? Private land or not. The person that pulled that trigger deserves a slap of the highest order.

I find it hard to believe the is a **** bin every 50 metres, where I live there is one possibly one every mile or so.

And our council complain about people putting it in ordinary litter bins.

The only time I have not cleared up after Merlin is when he took a dump right out on the low water mark and I was on the beach. I was not walking a couple of hundred yards to pick it up.

Kirky,

Sorry to hear about your Dad's dog, Hope they string the B******d up.

"Does it matter if they were out of control or not? Private land or not" yes it does.

Absolutely right shooting at the dog was a no no. And I'm not saying the dogs were out of control in any way.

Sorry the post was a bit rushed this morning, point I was trying to make was the irresponsible attitude of some dog owners who have scant regard for the actions or behaviour of their animals.

Especially 'blokes' of a certain age who seem to have selective blindness where a dogs **** is involved.

There have been a rash of video prosecutions at a £1000 a time lately and it's a shame this action wasn't taken rather than picking up the pop gun.

Or is it a lone nutter with once again easy acess to an air rifle?

**** bins every mile?, obviously you aren't paying enough council tax. Maybe that's why we have 'em every 50 yards in good old Bucks

"Does it matter if they were out of control or not? Private land or not" yes it does.

Absolutely right shooting at the dog was a no no. And I'm not saying the dogs were out of control in any way.

Sorry the post was a bit rushed this morning, point I was trying to make was the irresponsible attitude of some dog owners who have scant regard for the actions or behaviour of their animals.

Especially 'blokes' of a certain age who seem to have selective blindness where a dogs **** is involved.

There have been a rash of video prosecutions at a £1000 a time lately and it's a shame this action wasn't taken rather than picking up the pop gun.

Or is it a lone nutter with once again easy acess to an air rifle?

**** bins every mile?, obviously you aren't paying enough council tax. Maybe that's why we have 'em every 50 yards in good old Bucks

Why does it matter that they were off the lead? What is your definition of out of control?

I am slightly worried that you refer to a lethal weapon as a "pop gun" and seem to agree with the stupid cow in that article that is it fine to shoot a dog because you believe it's owner has left it's poo on the ground.

There is no evidence to suggest that Kirky's Dad has not been clearing up after his dogs, people just think because he has lots of dogs he is incapable of looking after them or clearing up after them.

Well before we all start jumping to conclusions and shouting at each other, lets remember that this was in a public place with an airgun. Regardless of whether the dogs were perhaps a nuisance is irrelavant. There are ways and means to deal with such matters and airguns in public places, whilst hidden in a bush, is certainly not one of them.

The point Kirky is making that kids have to little respect and far too much free access to airguns and draw much unwanted attention to an otherwise unblemished community.

"I am slightly worried that you refer to a lethal weapon as a "pop gun" and seem to agree with the stupid cow in that article that is it fine to shoot a dog because you believe it's owner has left it's poo on the ground."

***?

Martin get a grip your convincing yourself of things that weren't even mentioned.

Take a deep breath and go read Kirkys link.

It would seem that there is some agro between the dog owners and locals in the area mentioned.

I was merely pointing out the attitude of certain types of dog owners I've come accross.

As was said it was wrong to shoot the dog with 'the lethal weapon <_< ', and I've never agreed or disagreed with a cow in my life.

It's nearly the weekend :lol:

Ho Ho Ho,

Aren't we the smart ****!

What is meant by the blokes of a certain age bit?

I have read kirky's link and yes there is obviously aggro between local people and dog walkers, is this a valid reason to take the law into your own hands?

I'll ask again, why does it matter if the dogs are off the lead? several dogs together will always look like they are out of control even if they aren't.

As far as I am aware no laws have been passed that dogs must be on a lead

It is sad that you can make light of the lethal weapon comment I made, perhaps you think airguns are harmless.

The only bit you are right on is it is nearly the weekend

Lads your arguing over nothing neither have any facts only a report written by a some journalist which is obviously reliable and from a guy who is ever so slighlty biased.

Bottom of the line is some guy shot a dog with an air rifle which is not on despite what may or may not have gone on but there are ways of going about things.

Sorry to hear about the dog kirky good news its making a recovery hopefully both sides can come to a reasonable comprimise and not fall out or drag the law in.

Peter

Smart **** here.

I'll type s l o w so that there is no confusion....

Blokes of certain age........ those mostly over 45 and geezerish who it feel it beneath them to remove their dogs waste in my experiance.

You've read Kirkys post and ask is it a valid reason to take the law into your own hands.......well obviously no, but who said otherwise??

You ask again why does it matter if the dogs are off the lead.........why ask me, did I mention leads, who gives a flying **** ??

Lethal weapon upon reflection is probably a more accurate description, especially in the hands of idiots who can get hold of em too easily. License 'em and keep them for target and rat/ rabbit shooting.

Maybe this way toddlers, swans, dogs, firemen et al would be safer.

Right that's it, time to begin the weekend.

Enjoy yours general tatty bye <_<

******* morons. I hate reading about things like this! Search on the bbc ''Airgun'' or ''Air rifle'' and the amount of stories of shot swans, kids, cats etc is absolutely DISGUSTING. I hope they catch the ******* and string him up by his nether region!! <_<

i feel the same as everyone else here, one of my cats was shot a few years ago with an airgun, the pellet went through one kidney straight threw and lodged in the fat covering the other kidney. We nearly lost that cat but it was saved luckily. The cat has never been the same, after £300 of vets bills, the police said that they took airguns off kids in the street near the time but couldnt do anything <_<:lol::lol:

How a person could pull a trigger on an animal like that is beyond me :lol:

PS I'm adog owner.

no dogs are walk about 6 at atime

but any way dose this give him the rite to shoot at them :lol:/ <_<:lol:

on public ground far from any live stock

my dad is a retiered farmer thats why he as many collies they are advertised for sale to good farming homes in local papers

say wot you like mate he cant justifie discharging a air rifle in a public place !!

kirky

Kirky, that's harsh buddy. I hope they sort the guy out, whoever it is. That sort of thing just isn't right, and gets us all a bad name. Is the dog ok, or at least is it fixable? :lol:

thanks mate

dog doing fine it hit a bone and ran out of energy thank god

and red should be ok

to anyone who even thinks my dad shoudnt have 15 dogs i say this to you!!

my mother died in 1984 yes that was my dads wife :lol:

in 1998 my step mum died <_<

in 2005 my dads lady friend died

my dad loves and lives for his dogs and spends every minute of every day with them

yes they can be a handfull but the man that shot at red was wrong end off

and he will get his just diserves

kirky