man shoots my dads collie red

kirky640

Why would he shoot the dog?

From the clipping/ link it suggests that careless owners are allowing their dogs to run riot and not clearing the **** up??.

I see this all the time, when it must be said 'blokes' ignore the dog that has just crapped in the local park despite there being a '**** bin' every 50 meters.

Don't know the full story, was it recreation ground ie public, was it private ground, was a pack of 15 collies running out of control??

PS I'm adog owner.

dont care if you have 50 dogs mate

are you trying to say its ok to discharge an air rifle at a dog in a public place :lol:

if not what is your point exactaly :D

i never said my dad was a saint did i nore his dogs <_<

kirky

my mother died in 1984 yes that was my dads wife

in 1998 my step mum died

in 2005 my dads lady friend died

******* hel colin he,s worn some women out mate. :lol:

:lol::lol: ha ha mark

yes hes had a ruff trot mate we all have but he turned his affections to his dogs and they in my

opinion have kept him going through the hard times

call me soft if you like but theres no friend like your dogs !

kirky

Don't listen to them colin mate.

Doesn't matter if your dad went round and crapped in his letterbox he has no justification for shooting a dog with a weapon of any sort.

Hope he gets sent down and someone makes him his prison bitch <_<

Kirky are you and MartinMcTangent in cahoots, or winding me up?

It was wrong to shoot the dog be it with a 'lethal weapon' or a pea shooter. No one disputes that. It's not the dogs fault.

Couldn't care a toss wheather your old man had one or 100 dogs or if he and his co inhabitants are neck deep in ****e or if said mutts are on a lead or not. ( for MC's benifit <_< )

From the link you provided it seems as though there is a bone of contention between dog OWNERS and non dog OWNERS, I was merely comenting on the behaviour of dog owners that I've had the pleasure of meeting who think that what ever falls out of the mutts **** is no business of theirs. Did I say shoot all un supervised dog egg laying varmints??

Fair comment if you live on a mountain or can't be ***** to walk a couple of hundred yards down the beach to pick a **** up.

Hey ho won't be you or yours treading in the ****** or swimming along side it I suppose.

Seems that the locals in your area would rather take to arms than have it out with the owner or notify/ photograph any perceived wrong doing.

Any other points requiring clarification for the hard of reading/thinking then please post back.

Cheers :lol:

Caplock,

There is no need for any of that, and as for starting to call names then bring it on. You are another one on here who hides behind their keyboard, probably never goes outside and is 50 years old and lives with their mum.

Collecting train numbers in their spare time.

I am not in cahoots with Kirky I just happen to believe in what is right, you on the other hand seem to believe in what might upset people.

And as for you keep mentioning leads etc, I asked if it mattered if a dog seemed to be out of control; and you answered yes, but you gave no reason. So give it up.

Kirky,

I am glad that your Dad's dog is doing OK and I hope the person that fired that shot gets what he deserves.

A very emotional topic for most members. I own 2 dogs, have guns & land. I would never raise a gun to anything without justification. I never shoot on public land etc, we all know the drill.

This said, some weeks ago, there was a tramps dog which everyday would come and kill a few chickens. I warned the tramp to keep it on a lead. When it killed 3 chickens and caused 4 to die from heart failure i shoot the dog. It was jumping on the chicken pen at the time.

Unfair or natures balance. I can by law do this and it does not bother me if it was a cross breed or a pedigree. You own a dog then look after it. If its on public property it should be on a lead. If its on private property then as long as you own the land or have permission then fine.

I love my dogs and a live by the rules. There are laws and we should respect them. Dozens of sheep are killed every year by loose dogs and stupid owners.

What happened in your case is your buisiness, i dont know the facts and iam not judging you. But dogs must be on a lead when in public and if there chasing live stock etc then you run the risk of the farmer shooting your dog.

A lurcher comes on my property and chases my cat, i shoot the lurcher. Your out with you kid and 2 angre dogs attack it, then would you agree all dogs should be on a lead?. We dont steal, murder or rape. So whats gives anyone the right to brake the law concerning keeping dogs on a lead.

I hope your dog is ok and if i was you and in the right i would slap the silly *** into the ice age.

As has been said, this is a very emotive subject and one guaranteed to get the blood boiling, for whatever reason.

Please keep the debate/comments civil, or drop out of the discussion.

Just in case there is any confusion, my comments are addressed to anyone reading this post.

I can accept it's ok to shoot a dog if it's doing serious damage to livestock and the owner has been warned or isn't around, that's fair enough. It shouldn't happen 1..in a public place, or 2..with an air rifle??? Especially to a dog that from what I can make of it, may have taken a **** outside some old dudes gate! That's just wrong :good:

Kirky, hope the dog and your dad are doing ok now. :good: Can't believe the guy discharged a weapon in a public place - thats well out of order ??? - if it had been one of us with a SG or a FAC rifle the judge would throw the book at us - lets hope they don't treat this idiot with an air rifle any different!

Bring on licencing, forget the sub 12ft/lb distinction and treat all air rifles the same!!!!! If you are a safe shooter you should have nothing to worry about! :D

Desperado ;)

Shooting any animal in a public place is wrong and the police have a duty to prosecute.You can force them to take action. The grounds would be cruelty to animals, ilegal discharge of a weapon, breech of the peace, armed tresspass.

The bloke should be looking at 5 years, they send pensioners to prison for not paying there council tax!. It could have been a person who was hit. I see kids all the time shooting in public, but an adult!. Throw the book at him. It will go to the CPS and if you again pressure them they will take him to court.

wow guys

thanks for messages of support :good:

dog and my dad a ok :D

i accept my dad and his dogs probably did cheese this man off

but never the less he is still in the wrong ;)

we come from generations of farmers grandada etc

and know very well the importance of keeping your dog under control at all times in the countryside

specialy at lambing time

we could argue all day and night about it !!

but my point and my only point is the person that discharged that gun was in the wrong

he should have rang the council or dog warden and complained through the proper channels

so please dont get bitchy and fight with eachother i think we all know it was wrong of the person

and the fact that the dog or dogs anoyed him is no excuse!

cheers kirky

Shooting any animal in a public place is wrong and the police have a duty to prosecute.You can force them to take action. The grounds would be cruelty to animals, ilegal discharge of a weapon, breech of the peace, armed tresspass.

The bloke should be looking at 5 years, they send pensioners to prison for not paying there council tax!. It could have been a person who was hit. I see kids all the time shooting in public, but an adult!. Throw the book at him. It will go to the CPS and if you again pressure them they will take him to court.

Sorry to be pedantic but you can't force the police to press charges in Scotland. You are not given that option. The Procurator Fiscal (who works for the crown) will make a decision based on the public's interest in a prosecution whether the victim likes it or not. Maybe not a good system but thats the way it is :good:

Desperado :D

Being an airgun owner & a dog owner I`ve got to say that any body who shot my dog`s for dropping one would be in a world of pain if I had even an inkling of who they were. Bringing airgun or any gun owners into disrepute with illegal behaviour is low, but shooting a dog over a dog mess is out of order. The airgunner sounds like a right pompous ****.