Browning 525 sporter 2015 model

Biggsy

• 6 months later...

Had my new 525 for around a month or two, which is a strange thing for me as I started shooting with a 525 with the solid butt plate. with the original one had to have the stock altered to fit me. So this time I bought the special edition one in 32" barrels flavour which comes with the adjustable stock as standard and a beaver tail fore end.

With this combination I found it out does the earlier versions by miles. The one draw back I found are there are no spacers for the adjustable stock pillars so that if it comes loose its easy to tighten up in the previous position, though this is not unique to Browning as other makes do the same in not supplying these washers. After a bit of a search found a suitable nylon washer on ebay for £2.87 for a hundred including shipping.

Normally I am not a 32" barrel person and prefer the 30" option, but I have no problem with the handling of the gun with the extra couple of inches as it feels and handles great. The gun comes supplied with 4 chokes and as I intend this to be a keeper I have bought extra Briley flush chokes which were £27.50 a choke. :)

It also came with a grade 2 wood, myself I don't purchase a gun on its grade of wood, though the one I have does have some nice wood on it.

Edited by BerettaSV10

Bought a brand new 525 four years ago used it for 2 years problem free. Was skint one day and sold it (bad move!). Saved up couple a couple of months and bought a brand new silver pigeon had it two weeks went back the shop and traded in for a new 2015 525 cost me £150 with the silver pigeon. I think the 525 is one of the best value o/u on the market it felt a lot more solid than the berretta I will never get rid of this gun as I can't find anything better for the money hopefully this will be my last gun I buy in my lifetime as it fires 3" steel for the wildfowling and is a good clay and game gun.

Don't think there is much difference at all to be honest I think they are pretty much the same gun so it would be down to personal preference really both are of the same quality I think you won't go wrong with either I think I would go for a mk38 rather than a mk70 not sure why off top of my head but remember hearing rave reviews on the mk38. Beretta are just as good but for me personally the Browning is a better fit as I like the chunky guns berrettas seem more refined but that's not me!