Yildiz 20 bore.

Westley

Thanks BB and Hammer, I had heard rumours about trouble with top levers. I did have 1 for about a month but the young lady that I was teaching persuaded me to sell her the gun because she liked it so much. I was just a bit concerned about long term ownership.

I bought a brand new side by side one a few years ago and regret selling it ever since. It kicked like a mule with big loads due to the minimal weight of it. Only problem I had was I tended to not relise my finger off the trigger on my first shot so it wouldn't select the second barrel, I soon got used to it. I would have another tomorrow if founds allowed. Keep loads down for youngsters.

Thanks Guy's, WWarrior, the 28 bore is only a couple of ounces lighter than the 20 but there is a better choice of 20 bore loads and better availability.

Westley ive never seen a 14 gram 20 bore load if they did the 20 MAY work but those few ounce with 26" barrels and shortened stock 28 bore seems to work for all the kids Ive got them for! I'm only saying what I see most weeks (sold 12 this year in that set up).

Westley ive never seen a 14 gram 20 bore load if they did the 20 MAY work but those few ounce with 26" barrels and shortened stock 28 bore seems to work for all the kids Ive got them for! I'm only saying what I see most weeks (sold 12 this year in that set up).

Sorry, I did not know I could get 14 gram 28 bore, I have only seen 16 gram and presumed that was the lightest. I was aware that I could get 21 gram in 20 bore because I have used a lot of them. Who does the 14gram please. Thanks W.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same thoughts about a Yildiz SPMz Junior for my 9 year old son to start shooting with

I'm thinking 20bore, as the .410 can be a bit disheartening if they keep missing clays due to the lack of shot

Not heard much on the 28bore, though i believe its somewhere in between .410 & 20b

I bought one last year for my lad .. He's 12 and shot it very well straight out the box .. I would say that the lever is very tight but it will loosen in time but it's been great for clays and in the hide ....

I took it one day crow shooting ... I shot very well with it and with 3/4 and full chokes in it knocked em out the sky at 40 yards

It's not as refined as a beretta or browning but for the money I'm very happy with it

I'm having the same thoughts about a Yildiz SPMz Junior for my 9 year old son to start shooting with

I'm thinking 20bore, as the .410 can be a bit disheartening if they keep missing clays due to the lack of shot

Not heard much on the 28bore, though i believe its somewhere in between .410 & 20b

28 bore is a dream gun it's lighter and faster than the 20bore but patterns better than the 410 with much better choice of loads 14-28 gram.