Part that comes with a Browning B525

das

• 1 year later...

Hi from Romania,

I need help from you guys. I have a Browning B525 that is coming with out auto-safety and I buy this kit separately and I don't figure out how to install it. Can you help me with a picure or instruction for install?

Thank you!

I have a 525 that came with this auto safety kit, I also have mates with the same gun and kit but for the life of me cannot see were or how this kit fits,I have been asked by mates to fit theirs but failed. I have previously fitted this kit to a 425 game gun which was easy apart from slight adjustment were it was catching but the 525 doesn't look as if it has the hole for the pin or anything ????

Edited by Morningflight

I've done mine and somewhere I've got a load of pictures that I took. It is fairly easy if you are mech minded but it is a bit obscure as to how it fits. when you see it in place it is fairly obvious. I'll have a look for pics tonight. Romania. !

Thank you @fortune! It is possible to not have the hol for that pin and to be made. I don't see a empty hole.

@BrowningB525: Sometime is hard to go to a gunsmith. For example, I have to send the gun to a Browning dealer.

Edited by czsnt

Personally, I've always found auto-safeties an unnecessary annoyance, but maybe that's just me.

clays >> load >> shoot >> Empty. Game >> Load >> Safe >> walk >> up , safety off > shoot .. Open >> load . Close >> Auto safe on, Walk.

Thank you @fortune! It is possible to not have the hol for that pin and to be made. I don't see a empty hole.

@BrowningB525: Sometime is hard to go to a gunsmith. For example, I have to send the gun to a Browning dealer.

If I can find the pictures It will be obvious how it fits. and it is a simple job.

Unfortunately people are fallible. Simple mechanical parts are generally reliable.

All I'm saying is that the safety-catch should be the back-up. The first line should be the handler. Yes, people can make mistakes, but mechanical devices can fail, too. I've always been wary of putting too much faith in the catch, in essence becoming complacent and relying too much upon it. Personally, I'd rather pretend it wasn't there at all, but as I said earlier, that's just my spin on the issue.

I found a few pictures of my 325 that I converted which might be of help to those who have an auto safety linkage and don’t know how it fits. The piece fits vertically in the middle of the hammers. When the gun is opened the bottom slide pushes the piece backwards and it pivots on the bottom plate thus the top of the piece moves backwards and puts the safety on. When the gun is shut the slide bar at the bottom is forward and the safety can push the piece forward.

IMG_1440_zpsdvmjtvwq.jpg

DSCN6832_zpsulmdxte9.jpg

DSCN6824_zpstw6rmi17.jpg

Edited by fortune

On my 325 there is a slot machines into the base for the lever and the lever pivots on a small pin. This can be seen clearly in the first picture if you expand it. Get in touch with the supplier and ask how it is fitted with the small grub screw. That's where it goes anyway.

Edited by fortune