it's that time of year again

Paddy Galore!

It's very up and down from one week to the next. All I'd say is keep an eye on the prices and take it when it looks good. You have take I.D. if your local scrap merchant hasn't vetted/verified you already, and they have to pay by cheque or bank transfer. The days of getting cash for a bit of beer/breakfast money are long gone, thanks to the thieving low lives who'd nick it from the railways. etc.

I found that with my guy. A few visits ago I took a load of scrap in and, on checking the ticket, he me paid for 60kg. I said I thought it was more but was unable to recheck the weight as my bags had been emptied in to his bins.

The next time I went I weighed my scrap first and wrote the weight on the bags and cylinder so he could see it. Let's say I seemed to get a healthier return that time around. It's a shame as I thought I had a good rapport with him, seeing as I'd been going there for a good few years.