Bespoke stock

Old farrier

OF

The latest photo confirmed my suspicions of being a trap stock.

The trouble is that the line of the stock is completely wrong for a true POW grip and I really don't see how that can be put right. A rounded end on a pistol grip doesn't make it look or feel right. Look at how the line of the stock underside runs through - it just looks 'off'.

I'd voice your concerns now and tell him you want what you specifically ordered, not a re-work of a previous customer's reject.

Sincerely hope you get this sorted.

Hi thanks for your reply

I'm sure your right there are no gracefully lines although the shape is better

It dosent change the fact that I hate the bit of wood he chose it may have some nice grain but it looks to me like a rejected high grade (not exebition ) stock the line on the head of the left side almost looks like a glued split

As said previous by gunman I feel I should have oked it befor he proceeded although if I had seen the wood blank (impossible ) he would have had to show me the reject stock that many including myself think ( know) he's trying to fob me off with

All the best

Of

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Well its the 1st today and as promised a update

As expected no reply

As you can imagine I've thought about this a lot and the members on here have helped I much appreciate it 😋

However there is only one answer and one person to follow the advice of

This is why I contacted my local FLO and asked him for his advice

He explained the protocol and procedure that he would expect me to follow no ifs no but this is what you do in most emfatic black and white

I may add that he was not happy as he is a very busy man and dosent need the hassle of contacting a FLO in another county and the paperwork involved

His advise

give him untill today if its a no show straight to a solicitor and on to court and to keep him informed at each stage as he took a very dim view of the whole situation and didn't think this sort of behaviour was befitting a professional RFD

So if any of you find yourselves in this or a similar position speak to your local FLO there very helpfull and should be informed before you ac

if you get it wrong you could be the one in trouble

All the best

Of

I will of course keep you posted although it looks like its going to be a long haul

Hope that you get this sorted to your satisfaction. You certainly seem too have been very patient in discussing this matter with the stockist.

Thanks for your thoughts

The main problem has been his constant lack of client communication

I'm pretty flexible and understand things go wrong if I'm told about it I can plan around it and adjust accordingly

I don't expect to have to keep chasing and chasing

So lesson learned sadly

Thanks again for your thoughts

All the best

Of

It's a sad thing to be let down, especially when you are a skilled tradesman yourself and understand what customer care and attention means. I think it makes it all the more galling as you have been exceptionally accommodating as you understand that things can go wrong, but he has abused that trust.

I was at my gunsmiths today as he is working on my stock and thought about the problems you were having.

I was looking at some of the stocks that Andy has made and they were stunning and felt regret that you had been denied the pleasure that you should have had in having one made for you.

I very much hope that you find a positive solution.

It's a sad thing to be let down, especially when you are a skilled tradesman yourself and understand what customer care and attention means. I think it makes it all the more galling as you have been exceptionally accommodating as you understand that things can go wrong, but he has abused that trust.

I was at my gunsmiths today as he is working on my stock and thought about the problems you were having.

I was looking at some of the stocks that Andy has made and they were stunning and felt regret that you had been denied the pleasure that you should have had in having one made for you.

I very much hope that you find a positive solution.

Many thanks for your kind thoughts and I'm very pleased your stock is going on well and your having a good experience 😋

Sadly I chose badly

I find it hard to accept that craftsmen can't work to a time scale you know how long the job will take and your personal work load work it out add on two or three weeks in case of problems and if things change inform the client seems simple to me and has worked well for many years

Again thanks for your thoughts

All the best

Of

Should add to this

My idea behind creating this gun with exebition wood was with the hope that future generations of shooters should enjoy it and have the pleasure of its ownership as I'm well aware that the woodwork cost will far exeed the value of the gun

I'm sure secretly we all like nice wood on a gun

Edited by Old farrier

The wood on my gun is sadly very normal, but it will fit a lot better and that was my intention.

I was looking at some of the walnut blanks that he had lying around in his shop with a huge amount of desire, but that's not on the agenda for me just now sadly. I really admire you following an aesthetic desire in wanting to get the stock done, it must be the craftsman in you.

Obviously everyone has their own priorities, but investing in something for how it looks and not just a functional tool is so worthwhile. It is a work of art in itself and the value doesn't really matter if it speaks to the soul.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just a quick update finally got my gun back 😋

Deposit to follow so he says 😒

And now I can move on had a chat with a few members and will speak in more depth to them at the charity shoot 😊

Just need to source a nice bit of wood

I will of course keep you updated

Thanks for your support and input

All the best

Of

• 5 months later...

Good to see that you got the right result in the end OF.

Hi
To those that followed this thread a update as promised today
After a long process I received my deposit back

Thanks for your thoughts throughout the thread

Sabs I never had to go to option 4
Many thanks
All the best
Of