Shortened stock 20 or .410 for a child

blowin

My son is seven and doing OK with a borrowed .410 but I'd really like to get him something smaller.

Does anyone have a twenty or .410 with a shortened stock in the cabinet that they no longer use? Doesn't have to be anything special but would be good if the trigger was half decent - I've shot quite a few old bolt actions where you really have to give it a tug and this would be a problem for him.

I'm in north Herts near Stevenage.

Thanks folks.

The Hatsan although a nice gun will be too heavy for a 7 year old ( I know this young man) and I have the gun, new and unused.

James

I have an O/U you can use when ever you want to we are only 15 minutes apart, I have had it cut down in the stock and the barrels and the gun is as sweet as a nut.

It gets well used on BASC and CPSA Young shots days, I could have sold it many times over, maybe I will get a few more and have them altered :lol::lol: :lol:

Edited by bakerboy

If you ever venture up t'North West - holler. I have a Harrington and Richards single .410, with a spotless barrel. Not many about. Stock has been shortened for my grandson, who was 7 at the time. He now has an auto.

£10 to a Pigeonwatch charity will buy it.

Now gone.

Edited by Gordon R

Bought a 20b kestrel sxs non ejector for my partner to try shooting from wabbitbosher at the start of the year.turns out she doesn't like bangs so its up for sale. Since getting it i have had the stock shortened to 13 3/4" ( including extension previously fitted), had the stock hand oiled and action cleaned out. The gun has been balanced on the hinge pin with some lead shot in the stock so it is not barrel heavy like most short stock guns. Now the gun is cheap for a few reasons, there is possibly a fine hairline crack at end of top tang to the stock- can send pictures.This does not open of flexing the stock but I have had glue injected into it the area anyway. There is some very light pitting in the right barrel, I only noticed this after cleaning and polishing the barrel. Pitting is near breach end and dealer has reassured me that the gun in very shootable. I have put a few 32g cartridges through it fine, and 21g have very little recoil. Chokes are **** and ** 1/4 and 3/4 i believe.

With the addition of a 3/4 or 1 inch recoil pad this would make a nice full size gun, or as it is a good gun for someone of smaller stature. With the gun I will include a 20b paynes bronze brush and 100 cartridges and a 20b leather belt. Everything you need to get some one started. A leather belt is £25, Cartridges another £25 and a brush another £ 5 so you are getting a steal here.

As the gun is not in mint condition I would prefer a buyer to see it before they buy so needs to be collected from North Wales ( Mold area). Contact me through a message or below and I will do my best to answer any questions. Looking £130 for it which is what I payed before reoiling of stock and you get cartridges, belt and brush if it's any good to you, quite far from you tho.

Hello all. Thanks for your replies - really sorry not to get back sooner but the automated email update thing didn't work (i.e. I didn't set it up right!) so I assumed nobody had replied.

Terry, thank you very much. Am still trying to get back to you with some dates but might take you up on a loan and go and have a go at A1 on our own.

Stuart, as with most things if it's what I need I'll spend as much as I have to and as little as I can get away with!

rwade, thanks for the offer. I am actually in N. Wales in July so I will make a mental note and if I'm still looking I will get in touch!

Cheers