Muller choke failure

Wiggum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good company awareness and attitude on the Muller, well done. More could take a leaf from this book.

As for the Beretta choke failure. Looks to me that it had split early in the day and then the gases have built up unnoticed until the gun was stripped that evening.

Every thing fails over time. Bent a piece of metal enough and it will fail. Only takes a bit of slag when the billet was formed and theres the catalyst to failure

U2 chokes arnt my thing as I like stainless that I can drop in the ultrasonic and give a good clean. But nothing would stop me buying if I needed.

Optima+ use the mid thread too. My urika2 is 2008

Sorry to jump on the thread but what do you/or anyone else put in your ultrasonic along with the water?

Asking because my chokes always have a bit of grease on them along with the carbon etc.

I always put one drop of Fairy Liquid in to break the surface tension when I clean watches and straps.

But I dont think that would cut the grease?

Thanks Mick

Edited by mickyh

Talking of having a pop...

A bit of a sweeping statement without any knowledge to substantiate it.

This thread is about a Muller choke failing. Nicky's response to it was superb, especially as it was a Sunday. To then post a picture of a failed Beretta choke was uncalled for and it didn't appear to me have been posted "in good faith" as you claim. No one in business enhances their own image or products by trying to undermine the competition by highlighting flaws or weaknesses in their products.

This is by no means the first report of a split Muller Optima fit choke and pointing out an original Beretta has also split doesn't alter that, nor does it benefit Nicky or his business.

As I said before, Nicky appears to look after customers very well and if I wanted Mullers I'd happily do business with him.

Talking of having a pop...

This thread is about a Muller choke failing. Nicky's response to it was superb, especially as it was a Sunday. To then post a picture of a failed Beretta choke was uncalled for and it didn't appear to me have been posted "in good faith" as you claim. No one in business enhances their own image or products by trying to undermine the competition by highlighting flaws or weaknesses in their products.

This is by no means the first report of a split Muller Optima fit choke and pointing out an original Beretta has also split doesn't alter that, nor does it benefit Nicky or his business.

As I said before, Nicky appears to look after customers very well and if I wanted Mullers I'd happily do business with him.

The reason that I posted a picture of a factory choke was to illustrate that it is not just aftermarket chokes that are affected in a similar way to the OP's situation. The aim was to educate users on the correct protocols when using ANY choke in their guns.

There was and is no intention to highlight any flaws or weaknesses in any other products; if you have assumed that was the case then you are wrong in this instance. A lot of what you have posted is, in my opinion, very noteworthy and educational and I don't want to detract from those facts as they will benefit many readers on here.

And some people wonder why more businesses aren't contributing to forums!

So hard to explain every answer you give to a massive amount of forum members, people take it different ways, unintentionally annoy people, comments taken out of context and everyone "saw on the internet that that's not how it's suppose to be done!"

Feel for Nicky T defending his product to all and sundry, unfortunately I think it's a losing battle!! And not due to the product either!

I'm afraid trying to educate Westward, would be a wasted effort. A Smart Alec, minus the smart bit.

These days known as Keyboard Warriors!

Sorry to jump on the thread but what do you/or anyone else put in your ultrasonic along with the water?

Asking because my chokes always have a bit of grease on them along with the carbon etc.

I always put one drop of Fairy Liquid in to break the surface tension when I clean watches and straps.

But I dont think that would cut the grease?

Thanks Mick

Wd40 to wipe a fair amount off then seaclean and cold water in the US for 15 minutes. Then rinse in cold water and dry. Light oil all over AMD then grease threads as used.

I only do stainless chokes like the Beretta opti+ and Teague choked as seaclean will damage coatings and bluing

Just a quick update to say I cannot fault the service I have received from Nick at Just Choking, I posted the choke back to him and received an email today informing me I am to receive a replacement from America from a batch of chokes specifically designed to prevent this issue. I wouldn't to hesitate to deal with Just Choking in the future.

Edited by Wiggum

Just a quick update to say I cannot fault the service I have received from Nick at Only Just Choking, I posted the choke back to him and received an email today informing me I am to receive a replacement from America from a batch of chokes specifically designed to prevent this issue. I wouldn't to hesitate to deal with Only Just Choking in the future.

Fixed it for you :good:

:shaun: