stock re finishing and barrel re-bluing

binman

does anyone on here do both, iv done a search and found people who do them both but none of them seem to do both.

if not who do you recommend to do as separate jobs, and any idea of costs, iv just bought a second hand browning where the barrels are quite poor, and the stock if fine really but it could do with a freshen up, doesnt need to be a great job as i dont want it costing the earth

thanks, Steve

If the Browning is a keeper & you want to avoid shop prices have a go your self, if the barrels are true dull blue and not the shiny stuff cold blue them. I have had good results from Phillips gun blue. If as you say the stock only wants a tickle have go at that also, there are squillions of posts on the net on how to do a stock up, its all very subjective.There is no finer feeling than getting a result from the fruits of your own labour.

thanks maverick, i was thinking of doing the wood work myself, its an old old gun so really dont want to spen a lot of money on it, i think i could tackle the stock and forend, not to sure about the barrels though, but i guess im keen to give it ago, if i can find the info on how to do it.

thanks. steve

Speak to demonwolf444 on this very forum-man's a genius where wood is concerned and you can post the Stock, action and for end for about a tenner. As for the barrels - read up on preparing them for blue and do the donkey work yourself - then shop around for the best cash price, you can get them done to a high standard if you pay cash and don't mind waiting for a gunsmith to do yours when he does a batch.

iv found a lad on here/facebook that will do the woodwork for £80 and i found some old post saying richardH can do the barrels for £70,pm'd him. so with postage probably £200,

not really sure the gun will be worth £200 more when its all done, then again im not doing it to sell, so will probably get it done.

Speak to demonwolf444 on this very forum-man's a genius where wood is concerned and you can post the Stock, action and for end for about a tenner. As for the barrels - read up on preparing them for blue and do the donkey work yourself - then shop around for the best cash price, you can get them done to a high standard if you pay cash and don't mind waiting for a gunsmith to do yours when he does a batch.

pm'd for a price