GAT air rifle

hyflier

Where he came by it, I have no idea but this young gentleman has offered me a GAT air rifle, I'd never heard of these....... The Gat gun, of course..... almost everyone had one of those :blush:

I've done a little research and as you would expect they were fairly terrible, and you probably couldn't hit a barn if you sat inside it, but ya know? I'm going to have it, even if only for the novelty value. :lol::lol::lol:

It shoots quite poorly, it's a smooth bore air gun (I'm not going to call it a rifle) I managed a 4 inch group at 10 yards.

It could be pellet choice, should I be trying JSB exacts or perhaps Bisley magnum? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Despite the flaws (and it really is quite awful) I like it, it's a fun lump of awful and i want to get some corks to try fly swatting later in the year. I don't suppose the wife will be too impressed but I don't like Eastenders ;)

post-10669-0-66854200-1430306675_thumb.jpg
Edited by hyflier

Yes Archiebald, it does and for a poxy inaccurate little air gun, it's quite fast. I don't have the motivation to chronograph it...................... well not today anyway ;)

Underdog; darts yes :yahoo: I've got to find some darts, they've got to be really cr*p when they're fired from it :lol:

Edited by hyflier

Underdog.................."run in?" It's *****d!!! wot are round ball pellets? I have some daisy BB but they've missed the target completely. :lol::lol::lol:

Oil drizzles from the barrel after a few shots and it doesn't even ignite :lol:

Edited by hyflier

crickey that brought back memories of when I was a lad,, my father bought me a gat pistol when I was around 7 years of age,,all I remember about it was having to use my full body weight to push the barrel in to cock it then undoing the screw on the rear and putting a pellet in,,cant remember if I ever hit anything with it but I loved it lol

looked the same as this

gat%20air%20pistol_zps6lfffvfg.png

I'm trying to get hold of one of the original GAT guns to go with it. I just put this Gat air rifle over the chronograph............................. 3.2 Ft Lbs :lol::lol::lol:

does that mean it wont kill a rabbit at point blank range :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol: