Ferreting

nderfel

Am I right in thinking most people won't be ferreting at this time of year? I have a warren that needs clearing out and because of it's location I think ferrets might be the way to go

Other than ferrets anyone got any ideas of how to clear a warren close to a house and under a pylon

Cheers

Nick

Am I right in thinking most people won't be ferreting at this time of year? I have a warren that needs clearing out and because of it's location I think ferrets might be the way to go

Other than ferrets anyone got any ideas of how to clear a warren close to a house and under a pylon

Cheers

Nick

smoke them out

My boss stuck a hose down the burrow entrance, and turned the tap on for an hour !!!!! I told him it wasn't really ethical , but we don't see any rabbits any more.

It is illegal to drown any animal and you have just dropped your boss in on a open forum.im only telling you this as when I was a pestie I had loads of people tell me they have done it to rats.i just told them I didn't want to know and becarefull who you tell because of the law behind it.

Times have moved on and since your first post i think you could of had the burrow done most folk use locators now and spade work is as much part of ferreting as nets now . if you just stuck to the old ferreting with a "R" in the month you wouldnt get much ferreting done and the farmer would be giving permission to the next guy that chapped on his door .