the changing weather

tody27

Looking at the weather forecast it looks like it is going to change dramatically over the next few days,- snow, rain, storms etc etc.

In Lincolnshire it is ment to hit wednesday. I rekon there will be sum good decoyin as the weathers changin coz the pigeons will be wanting 2 stuff them selves stupid to avoid going out during the bad weather. I also rekon the roost shootin will be pretty good coz the pigeons will be so nakerd at the end of the day from rushin round and stuffin their faces that they will be flying slowley and low.

well thats my prediction :/ . Wot do u guys think?

Tody

Bad weather with a lot of "wet" in it, makes pigeon shooting awkward, in my experience.

The pigeons seem to feed for quick, short periods and its difficult being in the right place, at the right time.

Where I am, they don,t need any persuading to stay in the woods all day, eating berries.

That may be the place to look for them.

Its many years, since we have had enough prolonged periods of snow down South, to really see the birds "panic feeding".

However, a good cold spell makes them concentrate on the fields.

Hi Guys,

Apt name for this site, Pigeon Watch. If anyone spots a wood pigeon in the Billingborough, Bourne area of Lincolnshire let me know and I will register it as a rare breed.

I spent several days in various hides last week and weekend and only saw one pigeon and I was so suprised, I missed that. I was shooting over (hoping to) several different fields of rape and there wasn't a bird to be seen in any direction (or any other bird type come to that!).

Where the hell are they...

Regards

Rimfire

|Rimfire,

At this time of year i always do more roost shooting coz the ******* are very hard to find.

At the wood I shoot near they come in thousands at roosting time, but they r very difficult to find during the day! (maybe we hav all ur pigeons :/ ) I had a look round some rape fields the other day and cudnt find a single 1. I went out the following day for a walk with the dogs and found a different field was full of them!!!

they r around but during the day they r hard 2 find coz they have such a vast selection of rape to feed on.

tody