410 Help

ppaynter

I brought .410 Bolt action (Anschutz) as a bit of fun at work but im having trouble chambering the cartridge, it sits on the ejector slide fine but when you push the bolt forward it just wont go in you have to try and line it up with your thumb to get it in.

I never had this trouble with the webley before so any ideas

cheers Phil

Could be the ammo. Some shells get little bulges when they crimp them as the lead pushes out on the hull. My missus has tight chambers (ooh err) and finds Eleys the worst with up to one in five needing an extra shove.

I'm assuming your not ramming a 3" shell into a 2" or 2 1/2" chamber but never having tried don't know how hard it would be.

Is the extractor supposed to hold the case head against the bolt face and in doing so line up to the chamber?

Can we see a pic of the bolt face please

Took the words from my fingers!

The lower groove in the receiver indicates a 'drop in' extractor, like the Webley No. 3 bore. The fields of Britain must have thousands of these lost souls!

However, I will wait to see a pic of the bolt face before enlarging upon this.

Maybe the bolt face houses the extractor.

Took the words from my fingers!

The lower groove in the receiver indicates a 'drop in' extractor, like the Webley No. 3 bore. The fields of Britain must have thousands of these lost souls!

However, I will wait to see a pic of the bolt face before enlarging upon this.

Maybe the bolt face houses the extractor.

Yeah I think the picture shows the recess in the bottom of the chamber where the sliding extractor would sit when the bolt is closed, think it should be a half moon shape around the cartridge with a leg which as you say (should but rarely does) partially slide back and forth with the bolt Edited by Paul223

Unless it's integral to the bolt the yes- that grove should have the 'Shell' holder.

As can be seen in the photo- the bottom part of the chamber is 'Half moon' along with that sooooo obvious grove means your missing a part.

This configuration is like every other single shot Garden Gun I have ever seen.

I have the same gun and the same problem as this with loading. It is slightly easier with the 3" shells but you still need to guide it into the chamber. I find the small shells slip past the extractor and you have to turn the gun upside down yo shake the cartridge out. Good cheap little gun for my kids to shoot with though.