just killed my ferret

jimi_impreza

Hi all

I feel you need to see the bigger picture.

I used to keep ferrets for several years so i do know what i am talking about.

I gave away my last 2 a couple of years ago as my then girlfriend did not like them.

I saw the 2 that i brought advertised in the paper and i gave the guy a call and then went round to see them.

The guy told me that the hob had been given to him from some one who could not cope with him(thats strange i thought) so i handled him and he did seem a little agressive.

The jill was as sweet as a nut.

The hob had a very bad temperament and would do all he could to bite me even when he was on the ground in the back garden,he tried to clime up me to bite my leg or get to my fingers.

I know why the chap i got him off would not get him out of the box and it makes sense why he was passed on to be some one else`s problem.

Suppose my little girl had put her fingeres in the cage! it does not take a lot of working out what would have happened,i just could not of taken that risk.

I dont believe that the hob had ever been handled,that `s why he could not be used.

I phoned the guy that i got him off and basically he said you brought it,tuff luck.

I was faced with no other option then to put it to sleep he was put down in a humane way,if there was any other way i would have gone down that path.

JIM

guy's let's not get to sentimental over this,

don't get me wrong i'm not condoneing what this lad did but how many of us know a gamekeeper who's patients has been tried so far by a dog that he's not shot it,how many of you could you say if you saw a cat around the release pen you would not shoot it,

lets be honest if the guy as young children maybe he should think about the type of animal's he's going to keep anyway,

anyway in my opinion it does'nt matter what we post on here the anti's know what goe's on in the rural community .