Howa 1500 package

sjnshooter

I love mine, tried 3 different stocks but ended up with the standard hogue one. It's a bit fussy on ammo, mine likes Norma 75 bt and 100 sp. pricey but I don't shoot loads.

Remington 700 bases fit rather than the standard mount, can't remember short or long action tho. Soz!

Good rifles, they're are lots better but it does the job great!

I have two so I must like them. The .223 I got first had the floppy Houge stock, I quickly changed that for a Boyds thumbhole stock. I also fitted a 10 round mag conversion. The second one is in 6.5x55 and thats still as it came.

Both shoot straighter than me, aren't too fussy about what I put through them and have never let me down.

I bought the highland outdoors package, .243 with Hogue stock, seems fine. Lucky as mine like's PPU 100 gr. cheap as chips ammo. Really pleased with it, not had any problems with the stock off sticks, bipod or hedges and gate posts.

i bought one and the package is excellent value for money.when you break down what everything costs alone its a cracking deal i agree about stocks being bit flexy at foreend if you put too much weight behind stock barrle can contact at front causing poi change.i fitted boyds thumbhole to mine and it has ibeen excellent upgrade.mind i loved the feel of the hogue stock nice and gripy

I also bought the package deal though with the GRS stock. If I'd bought everything separately it would have been about £400 more. I had a harris bipod so tend to use that rather than the supplied one, the scope is ok for the price, but the one thing i have changed was the mounts as it was losing zero every 3 shots or so. got some vortex mounts for about £50 and it is fine now. Mine is 223 and doesnt like PPU but is a lot better with S&B which is even cheaper.

I was looking at the Howa, but all the deals at the time had the bendy Hogue stock which put me off. It doesn't take much to push it up to touch the barrels at all. If your heart's set on the Howa, get a decent stock on it :good:

Mine is in .308win but the kit itself is great value for money. The Howa action is tried and tested and a great rifle for the money however the Hogue stock is pretty poor. I've ordered myself a Boyd stock to replace it. If you can stretch to the GRS stock option then you should, my good mate has an X-bolt in the GRS stock and it's fantastic to shoot with as well as looking amazing. Lovely bit of kit. No regrets for the money I spent, as mentioned already it would could cost a hell of a lot more to buy it all individually. My only other gripe is the Nikko scope that comes with it, it's decent enough to get you started but you'll probably want to upgrade to better glass pretty quickly.