Sporting selection shoot at Bywell

Hello everybody peeps

just looking for a little feedback from this event on Sunday 3rd

Anyone who shot this event will know the weather was a tad damp, but how did people find the layout/course.

I know that at least two members from this forum shot, was there anyone else?

much appreciated, BK

Thought this was a good shoot.

Great targets nothing daft.

The weather made it very tough and hard to concentrate when its blowing a gale and chucking it down,although mr Swire didnt have a problem 96 ex 100 is excellent shooting in those conditions.

Managed a 86 myself which was happy with.

Thought the ground had made a real effort to get the targets high up using lots of machinery.

Thankyou to all at Bywell for all the effort put in its much apreciated to have a registerd shoot up north.

Entry fee was a bit pricey but they had a high payout.

Wasn't overly impressed with the layout, to many little close in stuff, too many you could watch come off the traps and stand 12 was poorly thought out, lots and lot of disgruntled shooters moaning about the bar on the right and banging there guns on it, You lack the topography and any trees for good set of targets. This is why you are a good trap ground.

I thought it was an excellent shoot ,the targets were well thought out for a flat plot.I shot round with the 96 winner and have to say he was middleing everything, he hasn't shot competitively for about 4 years but made it look easy. John shot for England at Sporting around 18 years ago.I hadn't visited Bywell for near enough the same time when I did a safety officers course there.. I had forgotton how far it was, but boy did it rain.The rain did not spoil the shoot as the management had waterproof score sheets and the refs had been thought of as they all had little huts to keep dry in. A very good experience for what could have been a disaster with the weather .Bunny killer. See you on the north/south bun fight and I hope I shoot better.from Auntie. :good:

Wasn't overly impressed with the layout, to many little close in stuff, too many you could watch come off the traps and stand 12 was poorly thought out, lots and lot of disgruntled shooters moaning about the bar on the right and banging there guns on it, You lack the topography and any trees for good set of targets. This is why you are a good trap ground.

The bars on stand 12 were there to serve two purposes shoot the bird quicker and for safety, the road would of been in the firing line if anyone swung through.

Thanks for the positive comments Auntie, I think the speed and height difference on the droppers caught you out on my stand JP didn't have a problem with them though. Bloody good shooting from him.

You must of put a big score in then if they were that close bud.

I have never won my class, but I can see and judge range as well as the next shooter. You asked for views and I offered mine based on what I have seen on the day. It would to appear I am currently in a minority,in fact you have a very good review here and on other forum I visit. Perhaps you could take this outcome as positive overall,cant please all the people all the time. Quite what it has to do with my score or targets killed and lost I don't know.

I have never won my class, but I can see and judge range as well as the next shooter. You asked for views and I offered mine based on what I have seen on the day. It would to appear I am currently in a minority,in fact you have a very good review here and on other forum I visit. Perhaps you could take this outcome as positive overall,cant please all the people all the time. Quite what it has to do with my score or targets killed and lost I don't know.

All comments good or bad are taken on board Rupert. as far as scores go my sense of humour must be different to yours. Good luck at the British open :whistling:

I thought that it was a fair shoot and on a dryer day would have been thoroughly enjoyable.

Forgetting my waterproof trousers on Sunday however made it a less pleasant experience!

The 96 was stunning in any conditions, let alone those! :)

Edited by Nicky T

It will take more than good luck but thanks for the sentiment.

if its practice you need why not sign up for the North v South charity shoot?

BK

I thought that it was a fair shoot and on a dryer day would have been thoroughly enjoyable.

Forgetting my waterproof trousers on Sunday however made it a less pleasant experience!

The 96 was stunning in any conditions, let alone those! :)

Nicky I thought you were going to enter the synchronised swimming comp on stand 6.