.410 revo or yildz

rwade545

Wondering what people's opinions are on the above 2 brands, namely a .410 revo premium fixed choke game or yildz .410 multi choke. Both 28" barrels.

Will mainly be used on clays as I fancy a change to using the 12 and want a challenge. Yildz is more expensive.

Any one have experience with either brand? And before anyone says it - I know- make sure it fits.

Regards

I wanted to get a .410 for a bit of fun on clays, but I bought a couple of 12 bore to .410 adaptors. I just use them in a light weight Spanish sbs. Not quite the same but a fraction of the cost of a double barrel .410. I've no idea how they pattern but it doesn't bother me really as it's only for fun now and again on clays.

I brought a Yildiz 410 and had great fun, but sold it for a Remington 1100 410 which could never give a straight 25 skeet shoot without jaming, so I sold it and brought another Yildiz. So much fun as long as you dont mind the long walk of shame on sporting now and again

Yildiz are very well thought of in the states, and not heard any bad reviews here

As others have said wood is far better quality than you would expect

So my vote is the Yildiz 100 percent

my mate bought a revo 410 around this time last year, had major issues with carts jaming in the gun and he had to use a knife to jimmy them out. on visiting another shop with me he mentioned it tothe guy in the shop and he said staright away are ou using ely carts and pulled one from behind the counter, aparently its a known issue, he tried some other carts and their fine... as i said this was some time ago so it may have been sorted by now

My friend has an O/U Yildiz .410 and it's a lovely little gun. Very light and easy to point.

Really good around farm yards for feral pigeons and we had a good laugh on clays using 2" cartridges.

Also shot the Yildiz 20 bore last week and that was very nice as well. Very light and a good alternative if .410 is condsiderd too lightweight.

Had a betetta 20b, great gun but didn't notice much differance to my 12 sxs/12 o/u so used to use then instead so it sat in cabinet- sold now and looking to get something smaller, 28 or 410.?decided on 410 as always fancied one.

ive had both in 28g while the revo 28g was ok for the price I traded it in for the yildiz 28g,which I thought was much better a bit more expensive but in my opinion worth,better weight proportion and balance,still have the yildiz some times use it for summer pigeon,

I had recently done the same as you, researched a 28 bore Yildiz. I have had a 20 bore Yildiz in the past, which was trouble free, but sold it to a young lady who was using it for lessons and liked it so much, she bought it off me. I have bought the 28 bore rather than the .410". I can get a 14 gram load (same as .410) but also go up to 28 gram, should the need arise. I also believe and a recent article in the Shooting Times regarding .410" versus a 28 bore confirmed, that the 28 bore patterns better. This is important to me as I believe in giving any youngsters that I am Instructing, the best possible chance of hitting something. You have summed it up really "I fancy a bit of a challenge", yet week in and week out, I see well meaning Dads 'teaching' their offsprings with a .410", which is probably Full choke too. The only thing you may want to change with the Yildiz is the rubber recoil pad, it has more grip than a set of Michelin's. I have covered it with black carpet tape to prevent it from snagging clothing. I changed the pad on the earlier 20 bore that I had. Other than that I believe them to be good guns and a better buy that the others mentioned.

Well that's it done, Yildiz .410 with a stunning loooing piece of wood ordered to my RFD. Payed a bit of a premium for the wood but think it will be worth it. Will replace the pad and give the wood an English oiled finish. Will post pics when I pick it up. Thanks all for your help.

I looked at a Yildiz at the weekend whilst at Leyburn, the gun seemed well made, for a cheaper side of the scale gun, but it felt so light compared to my beretta. The wood was ok, then he showed me a .410 (iirc) and the wood looked fantastic,

That's interesting that you say that, I presume that you are talking about Gilsan sports in key burn? The .410 with some very nice wood on it is currently on its way to me! Small world. Hope it is as nice as it looked in the pics.