Texas shooting.

Dirty Harry

sadly your right i can see in the not to distant future an event involving a group motivated by the current crop of nutters, i wouldn't be surprised if they used legally obtained weapons that would be the end of gun ownership in any form in the UK

I agree with the others, i doubt anyone would bother with legally held guns for a crime like this.

If u can smuggle a lorry load of people into the country, which happens all the time then smuggling a few guns in would no doubt be fairly easy. Would imagine quite easy to stash some guns and come back on a ferry undiscovered or even easier on a private boat plenty of coastline

If the above was true there would be no handgun crime in the UK as none no longer exsist in private ownership (and i know there is a small ammount of handguns legallly held) which we all know is not the case

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotia Lad........ (thinking Scotia's ancient heroes , thinking foreign foes repelled)

How true

It only takes a family car with a couple of sprogs in their car seats, customs will more than likely wave them though.

Which reminds me of the time we went to Majorca, found a booze shop which transferred spirits into wine bottles. properly labelled and sealed.

Got back to Newcastle airport with 5 bottles of 'wine' actually 5 bottles of a variety of stronger stuff. (before EU).

Anyhoos kids are sat on the luggage trolley, going through green channel, o dear, customs every where. The person in front was a tad slow and the customs guy to one side was finishing with a 'customer' Anyhoo between Lisa and Ian sat with their donkey and bull we were not picked out for a check.

The moral is if you are determined to get something into this country........then you will.

Why wouldn't you be surprised? Care to elaborate?

They rarely used legally owned firearms here but they were used on occasions. As dissidents are having trouble obtaining illegal firearms have being stolen from legal owners. But there has not being any call from the police or political parties for tightening the firearms laws. If it happens in England there might be a different response.

Edited by ordnance

They rarely used legally owned firearms here but they were used on occasions. As dissidents are having trouble obtaining illegal firearms have being stolen from legal owners. But there has not being any call from the police or political parties for tightening the firearms laws. If it happens in England there might be a different response.

The terrorism section of the Imperial War Museum had on display a Thompson full auto with a snail drum magazine, the serial number of which had been ground off 'to hide provenance'. I can't recall a time when these were ever UK legal.

You're right, any firearms issues in England are usually dealt with by tightening up on the use of legitimately owned firearms.

The terrorism section of the Imperial War Museum had on display a Thompson full auto with a snail drum magazine, the serial number of which had been ground off 'to hide provenance'. I can't recall a time when these were ever UK legal.

You're right, any firearms issues in England are usually dealt with by tightening up on the use of legitimately owned firearms.

No but Thompsons were issued to the home guard in large numbers. The first few amnesties trawled up hundreds of home guard weapons that were never collected up after the war

I can certainly see something happening in the UK by these terrorists , but cannot see it happening with legally held arms that's for sure

Would they even need to use guns at all? Look at the Lee Rigby killing, the public just stood around gawking at the scene, nobody made any attempt whatsoever to disable the attackers, even though any one of them could have been next. A gang of Jihadis could just as easily get bunch machetes and axes and march down a busy street butchering whomever they please, and nobody would do a damn thing to stop them. Some would probably stand there filming it on their phones whilst an axe is flying towards their head.

Would they even need to use guns at all? Look at the Lee Rigby killing, the public just stood around gawking at the scene, nobody made any attempt whatsoever to disable the attackers, even though any one of them could have been next. A gang of Jihadis could just as easily get bunch machetes and axes and march down a busy street butchering whomever they please, and nobody would do a damn thing to stop them. Some would probably stand there filming it on their phones whilst an axe is flying towards their head.

true,they could use pretty much anything to destroy a lot of people in a short space of time.im sure the cops official advise of "run and hide" wouldnt be of much comfort to anyone under attack but armed police or armed citizens would be more than welcome!