Exit poll

victorismyhero

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a pity that many of you English fellas can't see the debate on BBC Scotland about the SNP bounce, echoing some of the points I made earlier. Don't interpret this result, however it pans out, as some sort of mandate for another referendum or the will of the majority of Scotland.

I am watching on Freesat.

Farage will be gone

or will he?

I am watching on Freesat.

It is very different to English coverage, it is a completely different backdrop to what is happening here.

I don't have the exit poll data per seat, if anybody does have it how does it compare to the 3 returned results so far?

Looks like UKIP took the largest share of the Lib Dem vote in Putney with 4%, although I suspect not quite as simple as it appears at face value.

I would imagine Lib dems will have gone to labour, green or not voted rather than to ukip. Tory and labour will then shed to ukip possibly.

They haven't started counting here yet....

I would imagine Lib dems will have gone to labour, green or not voted rather than to ukip. Tory and labour will then shed to ukip possibly.

They haven't started counting here yet....

I would have thought that too, perceived wisdom would say the Lib Dem vote would go left, but the results seem to suggest otherwise.

In many ways it blows up a great many accepted theories around voter behaviour in the UK. It is fascinating.

Have all the boxes arrived and votes still being sifted?

There is a strong rumour that nige has lost.

That seems quite likely from what is being said. I think that is regrettable and I hope that the party doesn't lose momentum as a result. I think that would leave 4 million or so people feeling even more alienated by the political system.

I am admittedly not a supporter of UKIP for many reasons, none of which is shallow minded prejudice, but I think they have performed a hugely valuable service in UK politics.

Edited by grrclark

I do think that will happen, I think we have reached the tipping point for change to the first past the post system and that will make a massive difference.

You will start to get more professional politicians gravitating to UKIP, no bad thing in some respects and not so good in others, but there will also be willingness for more professional people behind the scenes to get involved too.

We do need a more pluralistic representation of the different flavours of political allegiance than we have now.

Taking Scotland as an example, it will be a travesty if c50% of the vote gives a 100% Scottish representation in Westminster.

Edited by grrclark

Proportional representation must be a thing to be talked about,now there is a multi party system emerging there will be more coalition governments in the future,the only ones to gain are labour or Tory depending on which way the electorate wind is blowing,and they will no doubt have to secure other party support to continue.I think the political landscape is on the move.

The Nuneaton result is significant too, big swing away from Lib Dem, but growth for Tory and big growth for UKIP, but again suggest that Lib Dem votes have gone to the right. It is remarkable.

Proportional representation must be a thing to be talked about,now there is a multi party system emerging there will be more coalition governments in the future,the only ones to gain are labour or Tory depending on which way the electorate wind is blowing,and they will no doubt have to secure other party support to continue.I think the political landscape is on the move.

I think it has to be on the cards because of the Scottish result Rob, there is the potential that we will have a government with no Scottish MP.

It has very big implications.

The Nuneaton result is significant too, big swing away from Lib Dem, but growth for Tory and big growth for UKIP, but again suggest that Lib Dem votes have gone to the right. It is remarkable.

[/quot

+1 the political landscape is a changing

The analysts are working over time trying to figure out why it seems lib dem voters have switched to the Tory party,it seems that some tory voters went to UKIP, but a bigger number replaced them from the lib dems..

Will be fascinating to see final swings tomorrow.

I am listening to a Labour representative on TV blaming the SNP for causing the decline of Labour and allowing a Tory government. No wonder their voters deserted them.

No ownership of their own problems and somehow suggesting that a competing party should say vote for Labour to prevent a Tory government is just bizarre.

Am with you. And my plans to sleep from 200am are going out of the window as a consequence!

UKIP numbers not enough to get seats but surely ought to be enough to be listened too ?

LibDem to get just 10 seats looking a real prospect too

Am with you. And my plans to sleep from 200am are going out of the window as a consequence!

UKIP numbers not enough to get seats but surely ought to be enough to be listened too ?

LibDem to get just 10 seats looking a real prospect too

Undoubtably the UKIP share will be sufficiently high to make a mockery of the profile of MP's and hopefully be a powerful level to effect change,

Paddy Ashdown is a worried man,hope he has sauce to go with that hat.

I will watch that with relish (no sauce pun intended) even more so to watch Alastair Campbell eating his kilt :D

I think the party is well established enough to carry on,they need to get within the ranks and weed the weirder ones out,question is who will be in charge,they need someone quick witted and smart,and able to debate.

Douglas Carswell.

In fact I think he'd be better than Nige.

And, more importantly I think he would pull in a few new faces. He's less confrontational than Nige, and I suspect he would resonate well with more people.

He's a decent guy.

I want to see Dianne Abbott interviewed. :yes:

She'll be first to the gulag...

Douglas Carswell.

In fact I think he'd be better than Nige.

And, more importantly I think he would pull in a few new faces. He's less confrontational than Nige, and I suspect he would resonate well with more people.

He's a decent guy.

Think you are spot on there.