Is This True

WelshAndy

No, by 'one' I meant a comment such as the 'one' you made. I'm not having a pop at anyone, all I'm saying is those who enjoy hunting foxes on horse back should have the honesty to say why they do it.

If foxes are the vermin they are claimed to be why would it be better if we had a super fit and healthy pest species to breed? Rats are vermin also; do we want to cull only the old and sick ones and leave a species of healthy ones to breed?

I fail to see how I'm viewing the world through rose tinted spectacles though.

Saying you enjoy it wont make the antis hate you any more than they already do, nor any more than they already hate me for shooting living creatures because I enjoy it. When I'm asked to explain to someone why I enjoy doing what I do, I struggle to explain it in terms they would understand, possibly because I don't understand it myself, and invariably simply admit that I love it. I can't explain why I love it anymore than I can explain why I love painting, I simply do, that's all there is to it.

Have more honesty than those who oppose you. Charlie T has it summed up perfectly; the hunting ban had nothing to do with cruelty but everything to do with class.

Yep, summed it up perfectly. :good:

+1 well put

definitely a class issue behind fox hunting

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, i remember watching a debate on it and an anti attacked Fredrick Forsyth and ended up saying " I don't like you or your type" 99% of it is class hatred, a bit like saying all game shooters are toffs.

Which band is this? are they any good? :lol:

Well said, i remember watching a debate on it and an anti attacked Fredrick Forsyth and ended up saying " I don't like you or your type" 99% of it is class hatred, a bit like saying all game shooters are toffs.

Which band is this? are they any good? :lol:

they mayby are it was a quote jayDT10, on 09 May 2015 - 8:03 PM, said:

snapback.png

some foxes suffer for weeks with a so called well placed shot. I'd like to see guns band,

Thanks jtd10, I wasn't seriously comparing the 2, but at the end of the day we all kill, or try and kill things for basically fun. Surely it's a bit hypocritical to pick when it is, and isn't ok, to suit your own agenda.

Id like to think that my clay shooting is my fun shoot and my live shooting is to stock up the freezer or control numbers of unwanted pests for farmers. I rarely shoot anything that I cant eat, fox, crow and rats are three things id probably not eat...

It is an emotive subject.

Probably never have a better chance to repeal it (esp if he gets his english votes for english laws throu or SNP abstain as will never affect scotland)

But wot happens in 5,10,15 years time will every government move the goal posts? So it depends on which party is in power wether hunting can continue.

As for the purely shoot them brigade, and esp after reading some of the posts on here, i sometimes feel sorry for foxes (not often thou) with the ammount of chancers on internet forums all NV'd up and head shooting foxes at vast distances, they must be far better shots than me! I dinae miss many but i also dinae shoot at them at long ranges or do any fancy head shots. U simply cannae shoot longer ranges and head shots without ur miss rate going up. I'm sure most foxes would pick a pack of hounds rather than have its bottom jaw blow of by a 17hmr, thats a horible way to die

Someone mentioned earlier about how selective huntig is only killing weaker or older foxes. In the old days a lot of keepers would actually leave occasional foxes on their ground on purpose. As there territorial if u have a very strong fit fox u will probably have fewer foxes and if it's .not causing any problems to stock chickens it would be left. Not all foxes will kill chickens many will pass them up if finding enough food elswhere, althou ALL have the potential to kill them if they wanted.

Possibly something more similar to the scottish law woul work?. Basically u can hunt as normal with as many hounds as u like as long as u are driving/drawing the covers to waiting guns, also means gun packs can work as normal. Eliminates the chase unless a fox is injured by a gun,so in theory u have the best of both worlds. Foxes shot humanely nd not 'ripped to shreds' but when foxes are injured the hounds will follow and hunt it to end its suffering, surely thats the best of both worlds.

Possibly the foxhunting purisits won't agree with the above, but it does make fox hunting far more morally defendandable from the outside as more about vermin control and less about sport. Seems to have worked in scotland anyway but not the same level of anti's up here

Game shooters as you say, are not Toffs. But the snobs with hounds and horses are.

Sorry Neil but this is a prime example of the class rooted ignorant hatred that will see the demise of all fieldsports, be it hunting, shooting, falconary or fishing.

I have hunted on a horse since I was about 8 years old, so thats around 62 years. In all that time, I have ridden with all manor of folks from peers of the realm to humble farm workers like myself and not once have I met one of your snobs. Without exception everyone has made me welcome and treated me as an equal and I in turn have done likewise.

I have no objection to anyone disagreing with hunting and voicing their opinion, but those I really dislike are the ones who, like yourself, are so hung up with their own class prejudice, they always, without fail, play the class card.

Id like to think that my clay shooting is my fun shoot and my live shooting is to stock up the freezer or control numbers of unwanted pests for farmers. I rarely shoot anything that I cant eat, fox, crow and rats are three things id probably not eat...

Fair enough, but in the eyes of the antis you haven't justified why you shoot live creatures in the first place. You obviously enjoy it or you wouldn't do it; stating you eat most of what you shoot is neither here nor there, you're still shooting because you enjoy it. No one is forcing you to kill anything. If you don't enjoy it then stop doing it.

Exactly, I doubt every time you go.live quarry shooting you do it sobbing your eyes out and begging fo forgiveness? Let's face it, by the time you have bought guns, ccartridges, fed the dog, and bought all the gear to go shooting it would be cheaper, and easier to go.to asda and buy a chicken. But we enjoy the hunt and knowing we are eating organic, free range meat that we know how it has lived and died

Edited by kennett

Sorry Neil but this is a prime example of the class rooted ignorant hatred that will see the demise of all fieldsports, be it hunting, shooting, falconary or fishing.

I have hunted on a horse since I was about 8 years old, so thats around 62 years. In all that time, I have ridden with all manor of folks from peers of the realm to humble farm workers like myself and not once have I met one of your snobs. Without exception everyone has made me welcome and treated me as an equal and I in turn have done likewise.

I have no objection to anyone disagreing with hunting and voicing their opinion, but those I really dislike are the ones who, like yourself, are so hung up with their own class prejudice, they always, without fail, play the class card.

That Is your opinion and I respect that.sorry to upset you and your class.

Fair enough, but in the eyes of the antis you haven't justified why you shoot live creatures in the first place. You obviously enjoy it or you wouldn't do it; stating you eat most of what you shoot is neither here nor there, you're still shooting because you enjoy it. No one is forcing you to kill anything. If you don't enjoy it then stop doing it.

All too often those who shoot live creatures justify their actions by saying that they don't do so for sport or enjoyment, rather they do so for the altruistic reason that they need to protect farmers' crops. I can't remember how many times I have been told on here, when I've suggested that we all shoot for fun, that I'm wrong and that it's done for the benefit of others.

I reiterate, if they are not your crops, be that lambs, poultry or arable, the only reason one shoots if for enjoyment. At least have the honesty to admit it or, as you say, stop.

Hi came across this forum by accident I normally inhabit country sports formums but end up here on Antis R Us.

Glad to see there are still people in the world unwilling to listen and understand something they've not done, fox hunted for many years even as a young child never saw a fox "ripped to pieces" by hounds saw a them killed quickly in a natural way by one of their preditors. In fact a gutting fish punching rabbits or drawing pheasants was much goreier part of my youth.

But a days hunting was a good chance to catch up with likeminded people have the fun of the chase oh and wear a tweed jacket and tie the later must make it wrong to some folks.

Oh but Welshwarrior it must have been awful, all those snobs, toffs and conservative voters!! I can't see why, when they have been told the opposite, that dimwits like neilw still stick to the them and us mentality. Seriously how many lords of the Manor etc do you think there in the UK to go hunting? Hunt fields are made up of every single occupation you can think of, you just have to look past stereotypes and the red coats (only worn by hunt staff, and I would guess you don't earn much as a kennelman!!)

Great to see those involved in fieldsports sticking together. Not.... the my fieldsport is less cruel than yours brigade are just as bad as antis. Divide and conquer.. lets try not to do the antis job for them.

Just my opinion of course.

pernod.

Oh but Welshwarrior it must have been awful, all those snobs, toffs and conservative voters!! I can't see why, when they have been told the opposite, that dimwits like neilw still stick to the them and us mentality. Seriously how many lords of the Manor etc do you think there in the UK to go hunting? Hunt fields are made up of every single occupation you can think of, you just have to look past stereotypes and the red coats (only worn by hunt staff, and I would guess you don't earn much as a kennelman!!)

It's terrible all those terrier men and farm works all landed gentry not a working man there!!!

Next I'll be told it must have been different in Wales!!!

Your, very easily upset "aren't you". A good candidate for a white coat not a red one. What size are you !! can you use a zip, or do you prefer buttons.

but surely you control numbers of unwanted pests for farmers for pleasure/fun .

Seriously can't believe what I'm reading here to be honest, We should be watching each other's backs not volunteering to drive the knife further into it.

So c'mon boys let's at least play sensibly... I'm doubting whether some of you are actually involved in fieldsports... :lol:

All toffs indeed...

[Jeeves, throw another wad of fifties into the billiard room stove would you, I might fancy a game later and it's a tad chilly in there...]

No I'm not easily upset at all, and if you think you have upset me then I'm afraid you will be disappointed. I'm just a realist, who knows that if we don't stand together then shooting will be next. I have been shooting, fishing and everything else since I was big enough to hold a 410, and worked in the countryside all my working life, so feel fairly qualified to stick up for how it actually is, now how others have tried to portray it is for their own agenda.

I used to justify my following of Fieldsports to others, something that I no longer do, but I am surprised that there are members on here who are so anti hunting. I don't believe, that as it will be a free vote, the ban will not be overturned. I would have thought that on this site we would all have been equal as hunters, but apparently it's all by degree, and some are 'crueller' than others. I wonder if the same holier than thou attitude is to be found on angling forums where they refer to barbaric pigeon shooters. Fieldsportsmen must stand united, or it will be divide and conquer for those that would be happy to see us all gone.