Mickey Mouse Problems

Rimfire

Hi Guys,

I need some advice regarding mouse control. I have a barn where feed is stored with hay and straw and it is full of mice which have damaged all sorts of things.

I have tried humane traps, spring traps poison and sticky paper pads and they have evaded them all. I have had some success with my border collie and jack russell but it was beneath the cat to do such a lowly thing.

Last night was the last straw. I had to surgically remove the jack russel from the sticky paper pads and one from the nose of the border collie. They are now causing more damage than the mice.

Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Regards

Rimfire

Never had a problem as big as yours but spring traps baited with slightly melted cheese so it has a stronger flavour was absolutely deadly. Some mice traps work better than others, I had a few french ones which I brought back once on holiday because they had a different design and they were obviously much more powerful, this left lots of blood on the traps but they still worked night after night.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help. I have been away for a few days and just arrived home to find out we have a couple of cats arriving on Saturday thanks to my wife. One is supposed to be a proffessional mouse catcher (I suppose it has an NVQ). Either way they will be something for the dogs to play with.

Thanks again

Regards

Rimfire

Hi Guys,

The cats arrived and all hell let loose. The Jack Russel has made it its mission to rid the world of cats. It attacked the smaller of the two cats but wasn't aware of the larger tom cat sat behind the chair. As it was scrapping with the cat the tom took it out from behind, big time. The tom is twice the size of the JR, hopefully it will live upto expectations and catch all the mice.

Regards

Rimfire