Bee's Training Diary

bigbird

Well, I did say 'warts and all'. Am absolutely gutted. Despite trying to take everything slowly and making everything not very exciting Bee has developed a very slight squeak. It's a very very tiny closed mouth squeak but it's there nonetheless. Funnily enough a vastly experienced friend of mine predicted that she would no matter what I did because she is so hot and driven. I suppose she could be coming into season so I'm going to give her a bit of time off whilst trying to make life less thrilling for her.

Obviously with a squeak all my hopes are dashed of trialling her. I'm absolutely gutted. I'm not going to make any rash decisions though and will be taking a few days to ponder and brainstorm whilst giving her chance to come into season in case it's that. Also I'll be putting some 'non gundog' basic and extremely dull obedience into her, heelwork etc because I certainly don't need to worry about her getting sticky :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by bigbird

• 2 weeks later...

So, apologies for the delay. I've been doing lots of the boring stuff, heel work etc. tonight I took Beebs into the training paddock armed with a dummy that she knew darn well I had but just let her bobble about. Concentrated on getting her to turn on the whistle and hubby hid it downwind. Hunted her onto it, beautiful delivery, a quick chuck and back and session over. Not a peep out of her. Chuffed to bits, especially as a cocker, a lab and a Jack Russell were intent on 'helping'!

To be continued, onwards and upwards now :)

• 2 weeks later...