Question Time

Scully

Yes should be interesting.... Like him or loath him, May has the support of a massive majority of the public who are non shooters and Farage I think, will be very subdued... I just saw him on the TV News and he looked like a man who had just a had a meeting with his boss that didn't go too well... I suspect May will get the support of the Audience..

We will know after tonight by Farages performance if his heart is still in it.

Yes should be interesting.... Like him or loath him, May has the support of a massive majority of the public who are non shooters and Farage I think, will be very subdued... I just saw him on the TV News and he looked like a man who had just a had a meeting with his boss that didn't go too well... I suspect May will get the support of the Audience..

We will know after tonight by Farages performance if his heart is still in it.

I don't think Brian May has the support of a MASSIVE majority, perhaps a small percentage of the Bunny Huggers at best!

If Brian May is on it then there must be a question on the vote to repeal the hunting ban, why else would he be there. Should make for some emotive and utterly baseless discussion, I hope if anybody is taking a pro hunting stance that they are well briefed and very articulate. Very little to gain and a lot to lose in terms of viewer sentiment.

I don't think Brian May has the support of a MASSIVE majority, perhaps a small percentage of the Bunny Huggers at best!

I think you overlook the fact that 90% of the country are not shooters and are animal lovers., or bunny huggers as you put it and the public always support someone who champions the animals.

I think you overlook the fact that 90% of the country are not shooters and are animal lovers., or bunny huggers as you put it and the public always support someone who champions the animals.

Mike I accept that shooters are the minority but take issue with your assumption that Brian May has a MASSIVE majority!

yep shooters are the minority

I quite agree that we are!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

I think the majority of the public really don't care about foxes being culled, they don't feel strongly one way or the other so long as their sensitivities are not offended.

The problem is with something like hunting with hounds it is easy to paint a very ugly picture of what happens, whether that happens to be true or not really doesn't matter.

The ambivalent majority don't care if you say fox is shot, it is instant and they will appreciate a necessary thing to do, it is also fairly clinical and doesn't need anybody to really think about what happens. It is a big leap though to go from that to the ceremony of a hunt with a pack of baying dog and folk on horseback, it is OTT if you look at it completely objectively, and it makes it easy to portray negative imagery and offending sensitivities and that is where defending that becomes harder.

I do not think he did. He seemed rather subdued, as Mike said. Perhaps he did need some time off after all...

He spoke sense and strangely the other politicians agreed with him on some points,,even Brian May said complimentary things about him.

Strangely though the audience just wanted to stay on the same subject of resignation,even stranger that Dimbleby who usually stops the panel and audience revisiting the same subject and is quite firm about it,let the same subject be repeated in different formats from different people.time wasted on a political show that could have had so much more political talk on it.Dimbleby hardly as unbiased as he wants people to believe.

Edited by welsh1

He spoke sense and strangely the other politicians agreed with him on some points,,even Brian May said complimentary things about him.

Strangely though the audience just wanted to stay on the same subject of resignation,even stranger that Dimbleby who usually stops the panel and audience revisiting the same subject and is quite firm about it,let the same subject be repeated in different formats from different people.time wasted on a political show that could have had so much more political talk on it.Dimbleby hardly as unbiased as he wants people to believe.

I think people wanted to discuss his 'resignation' as it was blatantly obvious to all that the whole issue reeked. Someone who tried to convince the electorate that was rather different to the establishment proved he is as power hungry, dishonest and full of hypocrisy as the rest of the politicians. His answers to the press so far were not convincing (as several people have pointed out in the threads here) and people notice these things. People do not like to have the wool pulled over their eyes, and react when someone acts as if they are stupid and cannot see what is happening.

As for others saying complimentary things about him, I believe that it is common decency when you see someone rapidly falling and does so publicly to show some sympathy. After all, no matter how much you disagree with someone, there is no need to put the boot in when they are down. It transpires that he is rapidly becoming yesterday's news as far as the general public is concerned, and within his own 'party' there is growing disquiet. Perhaps the realization that the trick this one trick pony of a 'party' has been performing for too long is coming out of fashion is a hard pill to swallow for some of the organised members who perhaps got a taste of fame and find it very hard to return to their everyday lives.

If he is so rapidly becoming yesterday's news why is he in the news so much :),the political world is afraid of him and smear as much as they can,as for the resignation subject, he resigned ,the party refused and asked him to stay,he also pointed out that two months ago they had an election for leader,he won because he was unaposed.

The only people making anything out of the resignation are people like yourself who hate him and all that he stands for,well bleat on as much as you like,he is here and UKIP are here and they gain more support every month.

Carry on arguing against UKIP, it got us 4 million voters this time,keep up the negative comments it seems to be working, but not in the way you want.

Once again. I do not hate him, as I do not hate a used car salesman or a double glazing cold caller. I just do not have any interest in the product they are selling. farce is on the limelight of his political existence, and, I am sure you know, blood sells. There is nothing the press like better than a good story full of intrigue, backstabbing, false promises, unfulfilled dreams and a corpse. I, for one, do not find this at all entertaining or decent.

There is no spinning this, he said he would resign. He then publicly admitted he withdrew his resignation. This means he did not go ahead with resigning, and he did this for reasons that are clear, to me at least. Apart of the fact that he sees himself as the rightful ruler of the 'party', he is not dumb and realises that if he is gone the 'party' is dead. The rest of the 'high command' realise something he does not: With the promised referendum coming soon, there is a pressing need to reinvent themselves, if they are to continue their political existence. This is why they publicly make the comments about him that saw the light in the last couple of days.

May, fortunately, was out of his depth and talked a load of b*****ks - tried to get fox hunting into the debate but was ignored. Dimblby, for a change, seemed to favour Jeremy Hunt; probably worried about BBC future now Tories have the reigns. A good programme apart from the **** head with the stupid hair do!

Tristram Hunt (!) - how can you take a Labour politician seriously with a name like that - for me he typifies all that I don't like about New Labour.

I think people wanted to discuss his 'resignation' as it was blatantly obvious to all that the whole issue reeked. Someone who tried to convince the electorate that was rather different to the establishment proved he is as power hungry, dishonest and full of hypocrisy as the rest of the politicians. His answers to the press so far were not convincing (as several people have pointed out in the threads here) and people notice these things. People do not like to have the wool pulled over their eyes, and react when someone acts as if they are stupid and cannot see what is happening.

And yet despite being power hungry, dishonest and full of hypocrisy the Tories still got elected ! Who'd have thought.

I didn't think Farage was subdued at all, he took to account Tristram Hunt on one or two occasions and wanted to debate further with the audience but was stopped. Saying all that, even the Tory spokesman and Brian May agreed with him regarding the issue of his resignation.

I for one am very pleased he's staying as leader of UKIP; until the party is established as a serious contender, and despite what anyone claims the election results speak for themselves, I think he is needed. In all honesty, who else is there to balance the biased view the Government gives us? Labour? The Greens? SNP?

I found myself agreeing with Brian May strangely enough, especially on the issue of the referendum, and to top it all he only mentioned fox hunting once.

May, fortunately, was out of his depth and talked a load of ******ks - tried to get fox hunting into the debate but was ignored. Dimblby, for a change, seemed to favour Jeremy Hunt; probably worried about BBC future now Tories have the reigns. A good programme apart from the ******** with the stupid hair do!

Tristram Hunt (!) - how can you take a Labour politician seriously with a name like that - for me he typifies all that I don't like about New Labour.

Tristram, a man of the people.

I'm not a Tory but out of the bunch there I thought Jeremy Hunt and the economist came across the best.

I did chuckle when multi-millionaire May suggested that having financial aspirations was 'sad' and not a labour position.

I thought Jeremy Hunt came over well as did Nigel. Tristram got a doing from the crowd which was fun and didn't listen, he just talked at them. If he had any aspirations to be party leader then I think those were flattened last night, not leadership material.

The lady from The Economist was good and May, as expected, just came across as the naive idealist who believes if everyone talks softly and is all cuddly and nice the world will be great.

Once again. I do not hate him, as I do not hate a used car salesman or a double glazing cold caller. I just do not have any interest in the product they are selling.

For someone who has no interest in the product, you seem to produce an amazing amount of bile on on the subject, I think your interest in his aims and UKIP in general is that you see a direct threat to you, wonder why?

KW

Edited by kdubya

For someone who has no interest in the product, you seem to produce an amazing amount of bile on on the subject, I think your interest in his aims and UKIP in general is that see a direct threat to you, wonder why?

KW

Indeed ,I was going to compile a long list of Psyxologos various insults,defamations (99% without foundation)and personal experiences with Farage,he even struggles to say his name,do you two have history?

As question times go... one of the worst...It was a damp squib for me and I had difficulty staying awake.. Only Zanny Minton Beddoes held my interest and the audience seemed rather damp as well.

I still think the infection in the UKIP party hasn't really set in yet and will increase in the next few weeks... the issue seems to be that the single MP is not the leader or vice versa... Carswell appears to be playing his cards close to his chest over this issue and I think perhaps many Ukip members would at least want to see the Leader of the party have a seat in the commons.

Brian May looked like he was wasted.!