Sportarmi, any good?

Bobby199

So I'm looking for a really rough and ready, built like a tank 12B that will (hopefully) never go wrong!

this is intended as a back up, pigeon, rabbit, fox rough gun.

Sportarmi, 12B, double trigger (my prefrance), over under, 28in barrels, 1/2 & 1/4, 70mm chamber (I believe that's 2 3/4?), 15 3/4 stock.

Will that stock be too big for me? (I'm medium- slight build 5' 10)

Genral opinions greatly appreciated.

[i have heard of thease having some trouble with one trigger setting of both barrels and the same upon closing the gun. Is this jus due to a worn out sear spring, that could happen to any gun?... Or don't touch with a barge pole?]

Many Thanks,

J

Any advice most welcome!

A friend had one some years ago. Cheap end of Italian market and his went off if you closed the gun heavily. A quick look inside the action left me with the impression it wasn't built to last. I would not buy or shoot one. Baikal are a better gun and cheaper.

Don't do it.

The stock has been lengthened if it is 15 3/4" - normally about 14 1/2".

I am by no means at all knowledgeable about gun makes. But Mmm, I don't know because (and no offence) but I have had very good cheap guns before that people where telling me would be no good (because of there name). Does anyone have any personal experience of these guns?

I am by no means at all knowledgeable about gun makes. But Mmm, I don't know because (and no offence) but I have had very good cheap guns before that people where telling me would be no good (because of there name). Does anyone have any personal experience of these guns?

Not owned one but repair more of them than I have Baikali, in fact just cut one up last week as beyond economical repair.

Bobby - Laurona fits what you want. Built to last and very corrosion resistant. I have owned half a dozen. Very underrated guns. Different planet to Sportami. A whole lot of gun for the money. I honestly rate them highly.

Wabbitbosher has a very good reputation on here - deservedly so.

I am sure of it! I have already said that I'll be back for more... I think a nice old SxS would be good ;)

If I'm ever in his aria (if anyone knows where that is?) I would love to pop buy and empty my bank account (although at his prices I might need a lorry :P)

Edited by Bobby199

Could I have some advice please... (Although I'm pretty sure of the answer)

The mini magnum 40g #3 will be fine for Foxes right?

What kind of range, or just so I'm confident of the shot?

I have only ever done overkill 50g+ loads but mainly rifles on foxes.

And what do you think to those cartridges!

Edited by Bobby199