Europe opens door to 20,000 migrants, Britain opts out

sable

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you post the link to where this is from ? Bit blank without it

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/05/13/uk-europe-migrants-proposal-idUKKBN0NY17B20150513

The problem is it won't stop at 20,000. It's a green light for a mass immigration from Africa and Asia.

If those 20,000 people are resettled they'll be allowed to bring over family, increasing the number dramatically. Of course they'll also be given the 'right' of free movement too.

I read the comments from Juncker and I wonder if he's ever consulted the people of Germany, France and Italy, whose countries it seems will bear the brunt of his folly.

They'll come here anyhow (or at least try damn hard) - so we'd still get the illegals + the 20,000.

whilst I have sympathy for their plight ( we have not exactly helped stabalize their countriess have we) I wonder why they choose to travel right through Europe to get to us?

KW

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3081389/Migrants-force-way-UK-bound-lorries-broad-daylight-shocking-new-footage-Calais-struggles-deal-thousands-trying-cross-illegally-Britain.html

whilst I have sympathy for their plight ( we have not exactly helped stabalize their countriess have we) I wonder why they choose to travel right through Europe to get to us?

KW

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3081389/Migrants-force-way-UK-bound-lorries-broad-daylight-shocking-new-footage-Calais-struggles-deal-thousands-trying-cross-illegally-Britain.html

Go to France and you will see why for yourself, most countries give them absolutely nothing. Israel has a big problem with them as well, you don't hear about that on the news, but Israel is a small country and can't cope so it pays them to go home.

Go to France and you will see why for yourself, most countries give them absolutely nothing. Israel has a big problem with them as well, you don't hear about that on the news, but Israel is a small country and can't cope so it pays them to go home.

er go to France? was in Paris 5 times and Nice once last year alone, will be back in Nice in june, then out to La Rochelle in sept, my question was rather tongue in cheek.

KW

KW

I'm not sure they do particularly, Southern Europe unsurprisingly takes the brunt, we just think we do.

I'm not sure they do particularly, Southern Europe unsurprisingly takes the brunt, we just think we do.

I concur. Just a small observation, if I may. We should not refer to these people as 'migrants'. Most of them are refugees as they are fleeing war and persecution. there is a huge semantic difference, and I suspect the mass media opted to use the former as opposed to the latter (which is the correct term) in order to make refusing these people easier.

I concur. Just a small observation, if I may. We should not refer to these people as 'migrants'. Most of them are refugees as they are fleeing war and persecution. there is a huge semantic difference, and I suspect the mass media opted to use the former as opposed to the latter (which is the correct term) in order to make refusing these people easier.

Funny how in the main the refugee escaping persecution is the young fit male variant, and who chooses to bypass the first safe haven and sanctuary they get to? just a small observation.

KW

Edited by kdubya

The vast majority are economic migrants, not refugees.

Either way, the Germans can have them. I'm sure it'll make them feel better about themselves...the politicians that is, not the German people. Who like everyone else in Europe are becoming sick and tired of the endless influx of freeloaders and chancers.

Edited by poontang

I do not know where you are getting your data, but please can you share your source with me? I would really appreciate you doing this. Thanks in advance.

funny when interviewed getting off bulwark they said they wanted a better life not sanctuary.

KW

funny when interviewed getting off bulwark they said they wanted a better life not sanctuary.

KW

In the interviews I have watched they are talking about fleeing war, persecution and harm. I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle between the interviews you watch and the ones I watched. Nevertheless, the insistence of the media and a certain proportion of the population calling all these people migrants could be perceived as indicative of the existence of an agenda from their part...

I do not know where you are getting your data, but please can you share your source with me? I would really appreciate you doing this. Thanks in advance.

Hey, I'll tell you what Psycockolos, I'll share my sources when you share with us who you voted for. Thanks in advance.

In the interviews I have watched they are talking about fleeing war, persecution and harm.

The whole of ******* Africa, Asia and the Middle East seem to be fleeing war, persecution and harm,

Should we let them all come here?

I say No. What's your solution?

Hey, I'll tell you what Psycockolos, I'll share my sources when you share with us who you voted for. Thanks in advance.

Pootongue, indeed.Once you are cornered your true ethos is revealed...

Edited by Psyxologos

Why can we do the decent thing and make every effort to rescue these poor frightened people.

Then sink the sink the boats that brought them and take them straight back to the country they set sail from.

Pootongue, indeed.Once you are cornered your true ethos is revealed...

It would take someone far more intelligent than you to get me 'cornered' dear boy.

Anyway, I got my information from the Home Office, Mare Nostrum and the Eu Institute for Security Studies. Where does yours originate from?

Your lack of any coherent input pretty much sums up your ethos I would suggest. I've asked you two simple questions, neither of which you've been able to answer.

I might suggest it is you that is cornered. As you wriggle around trying to escape any meaningful response you simply make yourself look...well, simple.

It would take someone far more intelligent than you to get me 'cornered' dear boy.

Anyway, I got my information from the Home Office, Mare Nostrum and the Eu Institute for Security Studies. Where does yours originate from?

Your lack of any coherent input pretty much sums up your ethos I would suggest. I've asked you two simple questions, neither of which you've been able to answer.

I might suggest it is you that is cornered. As you wriggle around trying to escape any meaningful response you simply make yourself look...well, simple.

As I do have unrestricted access to the information populated by the aforementioned organisations ('Mare Nostrum' does not exist any more, partly thanks to British efforts to shut it down last year) as a means to complete part of the work I do for your master (whose subject you are), I know you are talking out of your pootongue. It will take far more than completing a quick goggle search for immigration statistics or whatever your social worker performed on your behalf to convince anyone that your wild conjectures are based on any actual statistics. I deal with actual numbers nearly on a daily basis so I know what you are full of, pootongue. You make a very bold claim that the vast majority of people coming to Europe from Asia, Africa and elsewhere are immigrants who are after financial gains in our continent. You seem to be very sure about it. I asked to see where you base your claim, and you gave no answer, other than asking me who I voted for. It is you who is evading the issue at hand, trying to divert the conversation. I say that most people who risk life and limb to reach Europe are not doing so because they want to take jobs and claim benefits in this country, scaring at the same time the orange people of Essex, but are fleeing war, persecution and abuse. I answered to KW that most likely the truth is somewhere between the interviews he he is watching and the ones I did. If you would like to demonstrate otherwise, now is the time, and here is the place...

You keep asking me about my vote. Well, pootongue, votes are secret for a reason. It is none of your business who I voted for, and no matter how loud you howl, it will remain so.

I frankly don't care whether they are economic migrants, nor refugees; they aren't fleeing to the EU to return to their own countries when circumstances in their own countries have been resolved, they never will be resolved, they will never stop coming and they will never be returned. They have no intention of returning. Where do we draw the line?

The UK is already a very small and increasingly overcrowded island, calling them refugees wont change that.

I frankly don't care whether they are economic migrants, nor refugees; they aren't fleeing to the EU to return to their own countries when circumstances in their own countries have been resolved, they never will be resolved, they will never stop coming and they will never be returned. They have no intention of returning. Where do we draw the line?

The UK is already a very small and increasingly overcrowded island, calling them refugees wont change that.

Quite right.