What did you learn to drive in?

Scully

Vauxhall Chevette, i was taught in this car & when i passed my test it was given too me. I wanted to customize it inside so went to a cloth shop and bought some brown fake fur that i stuck inside.I covered all the roof and dash but i used a realy strong evo glue, couldnt wait for it to dry and i passed out and crashed through a fence.

So you nearly made the Darwin awards, lol

Edited by LancsLad45

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vauxhall Chevette, i was taught in this car & when i passed my test it was given too me. I wanted to customize it inside so went to a cloth shop and bought some brown fake fur that i stuck inside.I covered all the roof and dash but i used a realy strong evo glue, couldnt wait for it to dry and i passed out and crashed through a fence.

Bit more upmarket than a plastic bag and evostick.

Yep, thats it!! !! :) take it you had one too then!!??

I fitted an engine oil cooler to mine to "help" - shame it didn't!!

Yes, a Mk 3, 1300cc engine with overdrive on 3rd & 4th.

Still a good looking car. Had a look on eBay today, unfortunately there's one in quite good condition not too far away...................

No, she'd never allow it.

First car I bought myself was a 2.5 litre straight "Six" Opel Commodore Coupe when I got posted to BAOR in the 70s big polished wooden steering wheel first owner was a Baron Von something.Plenty of army petrol about so fuel consumption didn't matter.Picked a caravan up for a mate once and got it up to 100 mph on the autobahn with six well oiled squaddies in it.Mad but we survived

Moggy Minor van and a couple of lessons with a very sweary BSM instructor!, took my test in a Morris Marina van so the reversing was really easy :)

First car was a knackered mini with bucket seats, wide wheels and an Austin 1100 engine jammed into it, how I managed to get into it I have no idea, I'm 6' 5" now and was a bit taller back then!.

Edited by phaedra1106