Any way to change cartridge to bottle?

955i

Hi all, brought my lad an SMK .177 to plink in the garden.

It uses the gas cartridges but seems to go through them VERY quickly.

Is there any way to change it to filling from a dive bottle or is this not do-able?

I would avoid it mate Some people do it but you are essentially trying to put high pressure air at 200bar through a system that is designed for low pressure CO2. Really I would leave it as messing with high pressue air through a system thats not designed for it is an accident waiting to happen.

I would avoid it mate Some people do it but you are essentially trying to put high pressure air at 200bar through a system that is designed for low pressure CO2. Really I would leave it as messing with high pressue air through a system thats not designed for it is an accident waiting to happen.

Cheers, just wondered if there was some kind of conversion kit that could be fitted.

can it be converted to a bigger co2 bottle? i forget what they're called... buddy bottle is it?

how much you paying per capsule?

think i paid 40p each when i got a 100 from my local gunsmiths, just ask what deal they can do maybe? (might have been less but its been a while!)

cheers :)

As Malmick says check out CO2 Bulkfill you can then fill them off CO2 fire extinguishers it saves a fortunes.

No, mine runs off the small aluminium cartridges.

Nowhere to connect a bottle as yet :/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMK-XS-QB-78-BULK-FILL-CAP-/321745437529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae985c359

Easiest way but you'll still need a co2 extinguisher and fill lead.

You can also get an adaptor for the larger paintball bottles for about £10.

http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epages/BT3197.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3197/Products/DMC4TA-999

Edited by Marki

When i heavily used my SMK i would just buy caplets in bulk

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/categorylist/co2-co2-cartridges-12-gram-co2/

You can buy 100 here for about £30.

Or 400 for £100.

If he's getting through them the more you buy the cheaper it is.

For years i was buying ten at a time loose from the local shop for about a quid each.

If you are so inclined check out the UK chinese air gun forum where you can read about converting to air power.

The mechanism work is designed to work within the PSI that the Co2 is under which is about 850 psi so you can't really make them in to a PCP which operate at about 2000 PSI as there are concerns over the strength and quality of the metal work at pressures it was not designed for. You can however adapt the mechanism and by fitting some after market parts make the gun run on Bulk Co2 so you can fill the gun with a fire extinguisher or you can attach a much larger paintball CO2 bottle, or HPA system ( high pressure air ) which can then be regulated down to work in the gun. Making this work requires you to do a bit of reading, and make some modifications.

It would be Evo, but you can get a drop block to allow fitting the 88g bottles, then you need a regulated air bottle (about £40), a seal kit (about £14) and a chrono (easy to take over the top so you may need to back the regulator off a bit). That and a modicum of wood working ability, but it is do able!

Like other people have said the easiest thing is to go bulk fill with a fire extinguisher.