Tx200

stutieb

I have just purchased a TX200 HV and I am delighted with it. Flattened 15 magpies on it's first two outings. Yes, it is heavy, but I wanted a 'static' rifle to shoot from a rest in a hide and the weight helps keeping the rifle steady. It is a 177 and on my initial zeroing it was putting every pellet through the same hole at 27 measured metres, which fits my requirements. Did have a flooky shot out at about 40yrds when a Maggie popped it's head above the concrete wall. First mill dot saw it's demise.

My only problem is my thick old arthritic fingers find putting the pellet in a bit tricky but getting the hang slowly and I am in the process of making some reloading gizmos to put the pellet in for me.

I've been shooting various rifles for 60 years or more, some of those as a 'profession' and there are times when it ain't the rifle, get my drift.

So far I cannot fault the TX200HV but as with any 'tool' and a gun is a 'tool' they feel different to each person, so shoot what feels good to you.

on edit. I find that 'latch' 'bear trap' not a problem. In the hide I just lay the rifle across my knees, cock it, fiddle to put the pellet in (that's me), thumb on the latch and close the cocking lever and rifle back on the rest ... no problem.

Edited by Walker570

I had HW77's for years then went down the CO2, PCP route and ended up with a HW100. After a while I realised that something was missing from my shooting. The HW100 is brilliant, but there is no life or character to it. So I tried a few springers and ended up with a Pro Sport. The HW100 was for industrial use; squirrels off feeders on the shoot, and the Pro Sport was for pleasure; picking squirrels off in the trees, pigeon roost shooting and the like. Now I just have the Pro Sport and whilst it is as heavy as other quality under levers, it feels better balanced than the TX or HW77 that I also considered. The shorter under lever also makes carrying it on a sling easier, it has no fiddly bear trap and can be stripped, polished and lubed internally by someone with no mechanical experience, i.e. me! Brilliant rifle.

Been shooting a .22 97K for years and very happy with it.

We now live on a farm in one of the cottages and the night time ratting was to much to resist. Ended up with an .22 ultra se plus yukon nv.

Now while it's very good at what it does, it's not the experience the 97K is, which groups under a £1 coin at 20-25yards and has a 10 shot string over the chronograph with a less than 10fps variation. Ironically the piston seal went on the 97K about 2 weeks after I purchased the ultra so that's sat waiting for a service kit from tbt.

The ultra is good but the springer wins, stick with the Tx200 try different pellets, experiment a bit.

Tx 's aren't known to be snappy so unless there's something wrong with yours it's not the rifle. Piston/Spring guns need good technique and consistent hold to get the best from them . I use one all the time for practicing , if you can shoot one to reasonable standard shooting a pcp through to a centre fire or even a bow will be much easier. I would give yourself some more time with the tx you might find it will take a few weeks for things to improve. Evo's right in a modern multi shot pcp will take some beating if all you want is a easy to shoot rifle