facebook for business

Ollieollie

Evening all,

Now I can send and receive emails, use PW and generally bumble around the web but as for social networking (presuming PW isn't) as I gather its called I am a complete foreigner!!

So, can I set a facebook account up for my business? in the business name not in my name??

Guidance much appreciated

Cheers

Technically no.

You need a personal profile to use Facebook and anyone with a personal profile can then setup and manage a business page.

That said there is nothing stopping you from setting up a "fake" identity personal profile and managing a business page from it.

Edited by Munzy

....but there is a sizable section of the community who don't use FB and some actually dislike it. Depends on the business of course and your objectives, but I for one don't do business with FB only companies...

But if it's only an add-on to your normal business, good luck and it prob makes sense.

Generating interest is one of the hard things to do,it is no good setting up a page if no one visits it, and if they visit it and don't like it then they won't press that like button to share with their friends.You need to keep updating it not leave it stagnant like some companies do,FB can be a good medium for reaching a lot of people very quickly.

You need a personal account first and expect to get personal messages as the obvious company owner/director.

I worked for a security company for about 6 months, including a stint as a manager.

I managed to get the MD to start using the fb page for recruiting and advertising and it did the company no end of good and broadened its market and brought in applicants who wouldn't have looked on universal jobmatch. I would say its essential for any business to have a fb account, but it needs to be a proper business page not a modified personal page!

Someone said about those who don't use fb, that's a very small number

Once you get a significant number of followers it will start costing you money for all of them to see your posts. We have a good few thousand following us and if we don't pay usually less than 300 get to see what you post. But hey everyone is in business to make money I guess and that's one of the ways FB make it.