nppc national pigeon and pest control

madmatt

do a search buddy , there's lots of info

here is a link for you to get you started

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

atb

Not really the answer i was looking for lol. Iv done alot of searching. I just thought there might be someone from my area who is a member or have been a member and they could say if its worth joining.

Your asking in the wrong place,ring John Shooter himself he will tell you if there are any fields in your area.It is excellent value for money but depending on your area you might have to be prepared to travel.Down side is that if you book out a field for the day,that where you shoot( you can not move onto another area without pre booking).Field work is essential and you need to hope pigeons will be on your chosen field the day you shoot.You can only book out fields ( or used to) between 7pm -10pm Mon-Fri excluding Bank holidays which is a pain.I found when I was a member,none of the other members where happy sharing information probably due to the above rulings( if still enforced).

But then again probably understandable as you'd prob be a bit miffed if you recycle a field for a week and then go to book it for the Saturday and find its pretty booked.

Edited by Davyo

Your asking in the wrong place,ring John Shooter himself he will tell you if there are any fields in your area.It is excellent value for money but depending on your area you might have to be prepared to travel.Down side is that if you book out a field for the day,that where you shoot( you can not move onto another area without pre booking).Field work is essential and you need to hope pigeons will be on your chosen field the day you shoot.You can only book out fields ( or used to) between 7pm -10pm Mon-Fri excluding Bank holidays which is a pain.I found when I was a member,none of the other members where happy sharing information probably due to the above rulings( if still enforced).

But then again probably understandable as you'd prob be a bit miffed if you recycle a field for a week and then go to book it for the Saturday and find its pretty booked.

thank you davyo.

I was interested but being stuck out in Norfolk the nearest for me was several hours drive. they tend to have land in the Midlands and north of England, In the end it was too much travelling but it looks like a good thing if you are struggling for permissions and live within the area they cover. :good::good:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was a member some years back, unless things have changed ,I found myself clearing up old carts after most on areas I visited, as signs were everywhere it been shot to death in Yorkshire, with pigeons stuffed in bushes all over. Getting on the right spot was a pain ,as the directions were vague at best also. I did however get some good day in at harvest on the clover, rape etc too.. Some areas are for the privileged , a non no , I found also later, from other members I met & spoke to, who had been.

that was some years ago like you say ive been with it last 5 years,just love it different places, have never had to clear left over cartridges,ok so i get blank days sometimes i get that on my local perms as well cant put that down to being over shot,but on the whole i think its good value,john is ok who runs it,yes it has its knockers but you cant please everyone all the time,and what do you mean by priveleged few,i will go out as soon as a farmer gets a problem with rabbits ,crows or pigeons there are people on here that wont spend money on carts to shoot blacks cos they just go in the tip.so i suppose im one of the priveleged few,,,,but i dont care cos i enjoy what i do,

its about common sense last time out on rape couple of weeks ago we only had a few pigeon but the plants are so tall you cause more damage trying to put decoys out than the birds do.so we called it aday on rape till harvest comes.also carl it depends on which farmer has told you i have had that offer as well but i still book out with john.