WD40 saves the day...

Archie-fox

So just dropped the girlfriend off at the airport for a week away with her mum,

Walked back in the house and walked through the biggest lump of grease on the way somewhere, guess what!!! All over the brand new lounge carpet.... So after a hour of scrubbing it with everything in the house I went on Google..WD40 to the rescue lol 2 mins it was all gone, but the lounge smells like a garage...

At least I can relax now tho and not have to buy a new carpet before she gets home...

Edited by Archie-fox

Walked back in the house and walked through the biggest lump of gease on the way somewhere, guess what!!! All over the brand new lounge carpet.... So after a hour of scrubbing it with everything in the house I went on Google..WD40 to the rescue lol 2 mins it was all gone, but the lounge smells like a garage...

At least I can relax now tho and not have to buy a new carpet before she gets home...

My bet is that the first thing she says when she gets back is 'what's that funny smell?' I would start looking for carpets if I were you.

My bet is that the first thing she says when she gets back is 'what's that funny smell?' I would start looking for carpets if I were you.

I'll take that chance...better that than another 800 on a carpet...not when I want a 12g silver pigeon!!!!

Guest newarcher1

Walked back in the house and walked through the biggest lump of gease on the way somewhere, guess what!!! All over the brand new lounge carpet.... So after a hour of scrubbing it with everything in the house I went on Google..WD40 to the rescue lol 2 mins it was all gone, but the lounge smells like a garage...

so you think you have got away with !

Walked back in the house and walked through the biggest lump of grease on the way somewhere, guess what!!! All over the brand new lounge carpet.... So after a hour of scrubbing it with everything in the house I went on Google..WD40 to the rescue lol 2 mins it was all gone, but the lounge smells like a garage...

You lucky, lucky man! :innocent::whistling::lol:

Yes. WD is Water Displacement, and 40 is the 'latest' version.

its always been 40 they had 39 attempts at the water displacement part before they got it right hence the name,, the product today is the same as the 1st version.

KW